News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1957 Soft Plastic Mediterranean Blue 500

Started by TelePlay, May 05, 2013, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

If you find the cure to the dieseas is to just give them to me...

Ben

MagicMo

LOL!
You guys are too funny.
I am partial to the original soft 500's. All my other phones will go.
Yes, I am addicted. Admitting is the first step and buying what I want is the second step!  ;D

Being an artist, I usually spend my day painting in oils, today I spent my day taking apart phones, cleaning and polishing them. It is a welcome change of pace that I thoroughly enjoy.
I even asked for a Ryobi buffer for Mother's Day! My daughter asked me if it was for my skin. LOL. Hmmm? maybe I should try that. Ill try it on my phones first.

Thanks,
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: MagicMo on May 09, 2013, 09:49:11 PM
LOL!
You guys are too funny.
I am partial to the original soft 500's. All my other phones will go.
Yes, I am addicted. Admitting is the first step and buying what I want is the second step!  ;D

Being an artist, I usually spend my day painting in oils, today I spent my day taking apart phones, cleaning and polishing them. It is a welcome change of pace that I thoroughly enjoy.
I even asked for a Ryobi buffer for Mother's Day! My daughter asked me if it was for my skin. LOL. Hmmm? maybe I should try that. Ill try it on my phones first.

Thanks,
Mo

Very funny, not a average Ma's day gift in my family! Actually you could probably make some more money if you did a quick buffing job on your dad's collection.
Ben

LarryInMichigan

Clean and shiny phones almost always sell for more than dirty and dull ones.

Larry

HarrySmith

Mo, a Ryobi may not be the best choice for buffing phones. Check out the buffing topic in phone restoration.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MagicMo

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 10, 2013, 08:23:07 AM
Mo, a Ryobi may not be the best choice for buffing phones. Check out the buffing topic in phone restoration.

Hi Harry,
What do you suggest? I checked out some of the buffing topics and all I saw was Ryobi mentioned along with some mounted buffers. I do not want to melt any phones, so maybe I should stay with something that isn't so high powered while I'm learning?
Thanks
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

liteamorn

I've brought some phones up very nicely by hand and the Novus products. My black 500P/U (mushroom) looks like new.

HarrySmith

The issue with using a Ryobi or other type hand held buffer is holding the phone and the buffer, especially when trying to get into some of the harder areas. The advantage of a bench mounted buffer is you have both hands free to hold the phone. You need a variable speed unit for different plastics. Start with a junker shell to get the feel for it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"