News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Started by pastarck1918, December 14, 2014, 09:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastarck1918

Hello All, I am Thomas Ford, "Newbie" to the forum, I live near the small town of Dayton, Texas. I have so many questions to ask y'all, that you will say, not him again, I am learning more and more about telephones all the time, and I'm sure that I will learn more from the forum.  I have added some pics. of some of my phones.       
Tom

Any day above ground, is a good one...

WesternElectricBen

Welcome Thomas,

This forum has plenty of information and nobody here bites. ...That sure is a big collection for calling yourself a noobie. I'd be interesting in how long you have been collecting?

Ben

pastarck1918

I started picking up phones here and there, for about 3 years.
Tom

Doug Rose

Hey Tom....welcome to the Forum. Impressive collection!......Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Yes, very impressive for someone who calls himself new to the hobby! Where do you find your phones? Flea markets/antique stores? Ebay/Craigslist?

Welcome to the forum! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

pastarck1918

Thank y'all, I get most of the phones on Ebay, some were given to me. I have 8 wood magneto wall phones in my shop in different stages of restoration. here are more pictures of the other side of the room.  I saw a phone setting on a custom shelf, on the internet, and made these for my phones.     
Tom

HarrySmith

Nice collection! Welcome to the asylum. You are obviously deep in the grips of Phoneitis! Too late for a warning. Keep up the good work. Never too many questions. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

Where do you find those nice looking shelves?  I particularly like the last one the D1 is sitting on.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

pastarck1918

I saw a similar shelf somewhere on the internet, it was just a plain shelf. I made these myself out of pine and stained them, and decorated them with wooden detail from Hobby Lobby.   
Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: pastarck1918 on December 18, 2014, 08:34:42 PM
I saw a similar shelf somewhere on the internet, it was just a plain shelf. I made these myself out of pine and stained them, and decorated them with wooden detail from Hobby Lobby.

That's what I thought.  Simple to make, but they look very elegant.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Isobel23

I'm new to the site and clicking around where I see pics are attached, and must say, that is one rocking collection!! Great day, I'd never leave that room!!!

dsk

Welcome Thomas!
Great collection, and nice woodwork. 
I like the ideas.

dsk

compubit

I know where Dayton, TX is - lived in Texas from age 3 up to 5 years ago (moved to DC), living in Clear Lake for the last 21 years in Texas.  A good buddy of mine lives just down the road from you in Barbers Hill, I mean Mont Belvieu!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Pourme

I love your collection and displays....very nice!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Mr. Bones

Welcome!!!

You have a very impressive collection, and I love your woodworking you have done, to display them!!!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus