"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member in Canada

Started by Froggy, August 13, 2016, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy

Hello

I`m Yves from Rimouski, Quebec, Canada. I started collecting phones a long time ago mainly Northern Electric and the ones that I can lay my hands on when I`m travelling outside Canada. 

The hobby got way out of control but it`s such a fun one.

Thank you Dennis for accepting my registration to the forum.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: Froggy on August 13, 2016, 01:21:29 PM
I started collecting phones a long time ago mainly Northern Electric and the ones that I can lay my hands on when I`m travelling outside Canada.  The hobby got way out of control but it`s such a fun one.

Welcome to the forum.

Post some pictures of your favorites phones here, or up to your whole collection in this board as your personal collection topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

Mr. Bones

Welcome to the forum, Yves!

I'm sure you'll find many interesting things here, including, but not limited to:

Friends, enlightening technical info, new knowledge... etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your collection... 8)

"We wants pictures!!!" ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Mr. Bones on August 13, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
I'm sure you'll find many interesting things here, including, but not limited to:

Friends, enlightening technical info, new knowledge...
Not to mention:
Phones, phones, phones, and did I mention phones? ;D

Welcome! Definitely post pictures of your collection!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Welcome to the Forum....it is the place be if you like vintage telephones. Post some pictures of your collection......Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Froggy on August 13, 2016, 01:21:29 PM
The hobby got way out of control but it`s such a fun one.
It is all relative. You have more phones than some members and (probably) less than others.

JMO<
Welcome,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Jim S. on August 13, 2016, 11:26:30 PM
It is all relative. You have more phones than some members and (probably) less than others.

JMO<
Welcome,
Jim S.
Let's say a new member joins, and has only one telephone...

It might very well be way cooler than all the phones I have.

All are equally welcome, here.

Best regards!

Did anybody tell you "We wants pictures?" LOL! ;)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Jim Stettler

If someone that is interested in old phones wants to join, they don't  even need 1 telephone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a point in my life when I thought a dozen phones was a lot. Now I understand that over 500 phones isn't "out of control"  in comparison to some collectors.
------------------------------------------------------
The point I wanted to make is that a collection is never really out of control, you just need to find a comparison to keep things in perspective.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW:  the 500+ telephone  collections are not that rare. I think the over 2K club  is where the membership starts to thin down a bit.
Just my guess,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

Welcome to the asylum! Sound like you are deep in Phoneitis. It is a progressive, incurable disease. Phones are super addictive, worse than any known drug! We all here are victims. There is no such thing as an "out of control" collection, except maybe the Turtle Lake phone hoard. {search for it here} There are the best people here, lots of experience nd knowledge here that is freely shared. Also, WE LIKE PICTURES!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Welcome to the forum! I am relatively new here and can attest that it is a very good place to find and share knowledge and make friends that share the love for these old phones!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Welcome to CRPF from one Canadian to another.

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

dsk