News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Something VERY Nice and VERY Red didn't help my overdraft......

Started by JubileeCompact, August 29, 2013, 01:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JubileeCompact

Hey Guys
I spotted this for a very reasonable( but still way more than I would normally spend on a phone) BIN........
It's Pretty......
Presenting the Siemens 356- and yes that is my number- the seller included a personalised dial centre :)
Seamus
Seamus

wds

Dave

LarryInMichigan

That looks great.  One of those here would cost about as much as my whole collection.

Larry

JubileeCompact

Hey Larry
It was £320 so about $490ish...
There was another identical one listed at the same time for £225 more!!!
Seamus
Seamus

twocvbloke

That is very nice indeed, one to look after there, in that colour they can fetch some rather crazy prices!!! :o

I've been thinking about getting a GPO 300 series, most are out of my price range though, and the price range being in the area of I can have any colour I like so long as it is black... :D

JubileeCompact

Hey 2CV
This was cheap for a coloured 300 type- especially given its condition.
The same seller has fully restored(and his restorations are outstanding- this is my 4th from him) Black 300s from round the £100 mark.
Keep an eye on the Ivorys as they don't seem to be going for as much as they should at the mo. We just got a 332 in fantastic condition for the opening bid of £125....
Seamus
Seamus

twocvbloke

Phonesrfun

Except for the red color, it reminds me of the phone used in the movie "Dial M for Murder".  probably a million other old movies too, but I recently saw that one on TV.

-Bill G

jfrutschy

twocvbloke

Quote from: Phonesrfun on August 29, 2013, 04:41:21 PM
Except for the red color, it reminds me of the phone used in the movie "Dial M for Murder".  probably a million other old movies too, but I recently saw that one on TV.

A lot of TV and movies either made or set in or before the 60s often use the 300 series, older periods using the 200s of course, it's common to see them on the TV, and of course, over here we can see at least one daily cos they use one on our version of Deal or No deal.... :D