News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Experimental Transistors?

Started by HarrySmith, January 13, 2011, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Just found this on eBay. Experimental Bell System transistors from 1947?

http://tinyurl.com/4eongc3
( dead link 12-06-21 )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Craig T

Very cool find Harry, a bit out of reach for me, but still very interesting. I was checking around just now and seen more info about early Bell transistors on the Porticus site.

AE_Collector

That is very cool. Thanks for bringing that to our attention Harry. Now off to see my bank loans manager! $10K starting price! I thought they looked like a couple of cord restraints in the box!!

Terry

Here's the text from the listing:

BELL TELEPHONE LABS TRANSISTORS *Experimental* Museum!! Starting Price $10,000.00  Wow! What can I say? It's a museum piece....When was the last time you saw a circ.1947  *BELL TELEPHONE LABS,TRANSISTORS Complimentary Sample For Experimental Use Only* The presentation case is like a case for high quality jewelry only this original case contains 2 mint condition , historic antique transistors...One transistor says "AP 1543 " (on the side) and the other transistor says " AP 1194 ".....How did I manage to aquire these? Well, my uncle was an engineer at Bell Labs in the 1940's-on...he was given this....He is still alive and well but 90 years old now...he gave this to me and a WW2 Bomber's Flying Outfit that already sold...he said these Transistors are very very rare.....VERY rare....Google it and very little is even known....anyone that knows anything about these ,please let me know...I am no expert in this field....According to internet searches, these are heard of but unseen....Make me an offer if you choose..Will ship to 48 states not including Alaska & Hawaii...No International Shipping. Any questions, please feel free to ask..or I can even ask my Uncle who got these in the 1940's as an engineer at Bell Labs, Illinois...

Kenny C

Quote from: ae_collector on January 13, 2011, 08:34:32 PM
I thought they looked like a couple of cord restraints in the box!!

Me too  ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phoniac

Rare and Antique get thrown around on eBay carelessly.
Antique?, hardly. If it aint at least 43 years older then me it aint antique.
Rare? Maybe! But a hens booger is rare too and I wouldn't want one.

bingster

By definition, an object must be 100 years old to be called "antique."  Nobody seems to pay much attention to such things nowadays, though.
= DARRIN =

JorgeAmely

Quote from: ae_collector on January 13, 2011, 08:34:32 PM
... That is very cool. Thanks for bringing that to our attention Harry. Now off to see my bank loans manager! $10K starting price! I thought they looked like a couple of cord restraints in the box!!

Terry

If you are low on funds, I know a guy named Vito who can loan you some. Just a few strings attached though.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Uuhh...yeah.....thanks Jorge.....hhmmmm

Terry

Wallphone

And if you can't pay Vito, you get to meet Louie the Leg Breaker. This item is re-listed at 80% off.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110638511874 < Terry, you probably have that in Chump Change.

AE_Collector

Relisted for ONLY $2499 Buy iy Now and it was sold 6 hours later. No it wasn't me!

Terry

Doug Rose

What a beautiful pair of cuff links...Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Quote from: ae_collector on January 21, 2011, 02:32:30 AM
Relisted for ONLY $2499 Buy iy Now and it was sold 6 hours later. No it wasn't me!

Terry

Terry:

Uncle Vito wouldn't lend me the money, so I passed.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on January 21, 2011, 11:49:29 AM
Terry:

Uncle Vito wouldn't lend me the money, so I passed.

Well that's nice. Obviously he likes you too much to have to put you in a dumpster for not paying him back "with interest".

Terry