News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How is Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) affecting your community?

Started by Jim Stettler, March 15, 2020, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I think a lot of those types of people just don't believe the pandemic is a problem, simply because "they haven't got the virus", yet they're the most likely to be the spreaders, given that the virus tends to be asymptomatic during its' most infectious stage, which is what makes it the major problem that it is...

Over here it's not that much different, the amount of time I got held up in Aldi earlier today/yesterday while trying to get through the aisles as quickly as I could due to people dawdling about and chatting to others, it was pretty frustrating, and as a result others were held up too maintaining a good distance from those blockages, but in turn becoming a blockage themselves, just glad I managed to keep my time in there to under 15 minutes as I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was, could have been quicker though...

Key2871

Yes, I tend to agree, because my wife just told me a local church, 18 people have tested positive because they chose to hold indoor service instead of not, dont know if they were wearing masks or what.
I believe a lot are still very resistant to proper protection procedures.
KEN

dsk

We have equal problems here, but in the last weak the police started to charge those who violated the rules with a pretty heavy fee.
First time violation: about $2200   You are not allowed to risk others health.

dsk

Key2871

Well now my 10 year old is remote learning only, a second case has been reported in his school.
It seems this summer's lets get out and have fun has opened the door for many new infections. He's already been tested once negative thankfully. But scary none the less.
KEN

19and41

My state has finally opened up the requirements to get the vaccine to people 55 and older so I made an appointment to get the first dose on Wednesday.  Hope everything goes allright.  these days I can get anything except Lysol Spray.  I an about halfway through the package of toilet paper I bought last April.  I am 1/3 of the way through the paper towel bale I got in May at Costco.  I guess this virus saved me a lot on those items.  Now I am also looking for the $1400.00 simulus check to magically appear in my bank account.  My roof is beginning to look a bit tatty and it will help on that.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Jim Stettler

I got my second shot on Wednesday. Minor side effects on the second shot.
After the first shot I threw up 15 hours later,  and  slept for 2 days.
I also had a headache and chills.
For most people the 2nd shot is worse.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

I guess that will be fun, I have to work that afternoon.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Well as for me, I'm staying home as much as possible. Always masked when I go out haven't even got a cold, so far. But my 10 year old is home from school because of cold symptoms low grade fever coughing sneezing.
If it keeps up he'll be going for a covid test before he heads back to school.

I have yet to get the shots, as I have a high sensitivity to that type of thing. Got a flue shot once years ago, felt lousy for months after.

So far we've been able to get the supplies we need at Wal-Mart, or other stores.

Nobody we know has been diagnosed with covid. But we don't get out much because of it either.

Hope anyone who gets the shots has excellent luck with them. Stay safe people.
KEN

19and41

I've already had my flu shot this year.   No noticeable effects.  Everyone's different, I guess.  3 years ago, I got the shot too late and got the flu anyway.  It nearly killed me.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

The year I got the flu shot, I got it twice.
I said that was a waste of time, never again.
It really ducks to get the flue mis spelling on purpose.
KEN

Key2871

Yea figures I almost boast about not getting a cold..
Got my 10 year olds cold.
Two weeks later in feeling better but still get run down quickly a few days for him and he's doing hand springs.
Always the way.
KEN

Greg G.

Community?  Judging from the posts on Next Door, everybody's at each other's throats!  (That is, when they're not complaining about dog poop!)

As for me and mine, my wife and I are getting our second dose on the 27th.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Key2871

Complaining? I haven't seen any complaint posts as of late. But it is human nature for some to complain.
Yes is not good, and I'm sure a few might be going through other issues that relate to the virus.
But I think over all everyone has been doing pretty well lately here anyway.
KEN

19and41

Went to the barber Saturday, everyone was talking about either where they got their vaccine, what kind they got, or wishing they could get one.  (It's 55 and over here.)
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

I went to Costco last Saturday and walked up the cleaning products and there it was: Lysol spray,a 3 pack for $14.  Between that and getting my covid shots, It is feeling like the war is over.
— Arthur C. Clarke