News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

windows 11

Started by Babybearjs, June 27, 2021, 10:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

well said, Ken . My HP printer is as old as my HP computer and now they don't communicate. No amount of drivers from their website can seem to figure out what's going on. the other ken.
Kenneth Stubblefield

TelePlay

Quote from: stub on July 02, 2021, 03:08:39 PM
well said, Ken . My HP printer is as old as my HP computer and now they don't communicate. No amount of drivers from their website can seem to figure out what's going on. the other ken.

I've had this problem with scanners and printers and found an expensive fix, buy 3rd party aftermarket software that matches the OS to the peripheral device no longer supported by the OS or peripheral manufacturers. Niche market for software shops making them happy. Hack a patch into the OEM software for an easy profit.

Key2871

It is truly amazing how smart they have become to rip the public off so we're constantly buying something to keep this stuff working, until someone else changes something so it doesn't work anymore!
This world has truly become  a throw away world, and these electronics company's have made a fortune on us because most of us need this stuff, for many different things in every day life.
And they just keep finding ways to take out money out of our pockets and putting it in theirs.

This makes me furious that just when I need to print a page the dang printer just sits there and for and does nothing.
So I waste time trying to find a solution and the only one is buying a new printer! And the ink cartridges won't work  from the old one because of this electronic difference!!
They have a monopoly, and the feds got rid of Ma Bell because she was a monopoly... So we just opened the doors for more company's to become monopolys.

But a lot of people didn't like what they did with Ma bell, so they don't stop this screaming monopoly that bilks us out of so much money each year.
Gee that's progress.
KEN

Babybearjs

based on what I've been hearing online, W11 is probably going to be another Vista.  so stay tuned....
John

Jack Ryan

Based on what I've been hearing on line, COVID vaccines contain tracking devices.

It seems to me that Microsoft would prefer that you get W11 with your next PC upgrade rather than by an upgrade. That would make hardware compatibility a moot point.

We'll see.

Jack

Babybearjs

Jack! where did you hear that? silly guy.... thats not true.... or is it? maybe they can track all the people and then relocate them to areas where the population is low...
John

countryman

It seems Jack mentioned this as an example for silly statements that appear "online".

For the last 20 years I have run Linux.
I only use windows for one or two pieces of software at work perhaps a few times a year.
I do have to support mac and windows devices at work and I dont have anything against them.
Linux has always worked well for me, so i stick with it.

19and41

I've been reading about it online as well.  It is looking to me to be something I would prefer to avoid until the next workable OS comes along.  Here is some of what I am reading...

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=399092
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

yup.... people are screaming. all the computers sold since the TPM platform came out will be all Linux based systems because of what Microsoft is doing. I have systems in my home that won't upgrade to 11, though they work fine with 10. once 10 is gone, they will all probably be using Linux as windows is forcing people to upgrade their hardware.  all the i-series and the AM2 and AM3 based systems will all work with Linux, so the hardware will continue to be used.... Microsoft and the hardware vendors are in for a fight with the consumers as everyone will probably be using second hand and recycled systems. since 2001, the speed has been fast enough to keep the computer usable until the motherboard finally dies... IF it dies... it really makes me mad that the industry wants to go in this direction, but that's where we are these days.
John