News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Magneto & Manual (Cord Boards etc) / Re: WE 557A PBX
Last post by SparksNArcs - February 06, 2023, 01:57:31 PM
Quote from: G-Man on February 06, 2023, 03:26:46 AM...Interesting that the WECo No. 6 dial has an AECo number card...

The dial is actually just sitting on the desk, not hooked up at the moment. The unit previously had a touch-tone pad on the desk (associated circuitry hanging on the inside left of the cabinet), but the prior owner didn't like it and removed it in favor of the rotary; installation was not completed, however. Sadly I don't have the correct bracket to attach it to the desk, although all of the screws are present for that.
Hey I remembered that long ago I had issues with Passwords that were generated by FreePBX and the UTStarcom and I always had to set a Shorter password with only letters and numbers.

To test try a shorter Password Like AbCd12

of course same password on extension in FreePBX and on UTStarcom

As I recall FreePBX generates long passwords that may be longer than the UTSracom will take and/or that somehow the character encoding  may be different for special characters like "@!(%"

avoid long passwords and no special characters

If that works for you........
Yes our Psychic technicians are ready and waiting to help you, so  just call , only $599 per minute
Candlestick Phones / Re: WE 20-B 3 station intercom
Last post by HarrySmith - February 06, 2023, 01:03:17 PM
Congrats! Very nice stick. I really the mouthpiece Ray created.
Magneto & Manual (Cord Boards etc) / Re: WE 557A PBX
Last post by HarrySmith - February 06, 2023, 01:00:34 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Check my other post to a new member, you may want to read my warning ;D

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=27181.msg262190#
Flea Market/Yard Sale/Antique Store Finds / Re: My First 302!
Last post by HarrySmith - February 06, 2023, 12:58:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. You have found the best forum on the net.
A warning, Phoneitis is a progressive, incurable disease. I hope you have not caught it yet. Next you will be wanting all the different colors or the different models of 300 series (there are quite a few) or maybe you will want another brand like Automatic Electric or you could get bit by the tool bug and want to collect telephone tools. In the advanced stages you will be constructing another building to house your collection or maybe building your own central office! If you want proof just look at the collections topic ;D 
Seriously, nice work on the 302, Congrats.
General Discussion / Re: Am I diminishing solicitat...
Last post by Contempra - February 06, 2023, 12:49:03 PM
If you talk about marketing , (What seems to be the case in your post) , unfortunately , there is nothing to do, it is allowed by law unless you realize that it is fraud. Then you have to report to the police I think. . Personally, when I see a number (I have the 'name and number' display) that I don't know, I don't answer. Obviously for hospitals, police or fire, ok, otherwise my ringtones are closed. as sometimes I rest in the afternoon, well, I close my two phones
Pay Station Telephones / Re: Amateur Payphones In Phila...
Last post by Protel8000 - February 06, 2023, 12:27:38 PM
I've seen some other articles about this in other cities. At least it'll keep them alive in one form or another!
Pay Station Telephones / Re: AT&T ExpressNet 1.44 and 1...
Last post by Protel8000 - February 06, 2023, 12:26:37 PM
Thank you for archiving and sharing this!
General Discussion / Am I diminishing solicitation ...
Last post by Robert Gift - February 06, 2023, 11:40:44 AM
When a solicitation call comes in, I pick up as quickly as possible but make no sound.
The calling computer disconnects in exactly 12 seconds.

Have I fooled the system that my number is disconnected or no longer in service?   
It will not call back or sell my "non-working" number to other solicitors.

If one does not pick up, the system detects the ringing for the 12-seconds and learns it has called a working number.   Will call back later when someone is home.

That is what I do.   Maybe totally wrong but I get few solicitation calls.   
Solicitation calls bother me because I may be sleeping after driving blood to a hospital all night. 
When the telephone rings, I must look to see if a hospital is calling.

Any ideas?

Thank you