News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Collector's Corner / Re: French Eurieult Type 10
Last post by FABphones - December 05, 2022, 09:59:13 AM
Quote from: countryman on December 05, 2022, 09:34:05 AM"Le Type 10, conçu par Eurlieult vers 1905, reprend une base en ivorine surmontée d'un pied en bois tourné."

Ahhh, now I understand what and where. Thanks for that.

Nice phone ( I daren't start collecting wood, the woodworm are fat enough  ;D  ). 

I cannot find a reference to confirm why and I don't like to guess, but it appears some parts of that era were fabricated from a compound. Perhaps due to wood being prone to drying out and cracking it was considered areas of weight bearing support should have more strength and durability.

*Close up photos if you can please.  :)

Edit: Comparison photos attached.
Last post by countryman - December 05, 2022, 09:34:05 AM
Oh yes, the button. I had noticed it but forgotten to mention. Well spotted!
It's on the L2L1 site: "Le Type 10, conçu par Eurlieult vers 1905, reprend une base en ivorine surmontée d'un pied en bois tourné."
The base is clearly not wooden, it's a type of artificial cast or pressed material.

Auction Talk / Re: French Multi-Line Phone fo...
Last post by FABphones - December 05, 2022, 09:12:16 AM
Marque is Milde. Clearer photo of underneath phone needed as cannot quite read the date. Close up of underneath/front of dial area would be good too.

$20, good price.
 :)
Last post by FABphones - December 05, 2022, 09:02:57 AM
I can't find where it is written, but the reference to ivoirine is probably referring to the button to front (missing on your example).

Auction Talk / French Multi-Line Phone for Ch...
Last post by LarryInMichigan - December 05, 2022, 08:47:41 AM
I noticed this: link on FB.  I have not contacted the seller, and I do not know if he is willing to ship the phone.

Larry
Dial Repair & Lubrication / Re: Dial Maintenance and Repai...
Last post by Contempra - December 05, 2022, 08:47:31 AM
TelePlay , maybe it's also the fact that I've only done two in several years.. I don't really like them, I don't really like the feeling of spinning the wheel with its weird noise :) I have some three ' Dials ' on two different models; My Starlight model and my two other identical models, but one is cream-colored and the other more common, is black.

But regardless, I always enjoy cleaning, lubricating and adjusting. However , I much prefer a WE .. These ones I always take pleasure in completely dismantling them and redoing them except of course to change the ' network ' . On the other hand, I never knew how many turns the central spring should be. but I'm still successful and I've never had any problems making and receiving calls to date. On the other hand, I have never disassembled a 'touch-tone dial', I never dared to do so.

Thank you for your answer ;) I like this forum and it's always a pleasure to come and read what is said there :) I was almost two years without coming there and it took more than a week to read the many unread pages: )
Last post by FABphones - December 05, 2022, 08:19:24 AM
Quote..Any additional information is welcome.

Perhaps this website may help.

Alain is a French collector with a wonderful collection and much knowledge.

https://www.telephones-anciens.org/

Last post by Doug Rose - December 05, 2022, 07:49:46 AM
Very nice indeed! FOM for sure....Doug
Collector's Corner / French Eurieult Type 10
Last post by countryman - December 05, 2022, 07:28:08 AM
I just received this wonderful phone. I'll post the sellers pics - I'm mostly based on natural light for clear pics and that is in short supply right now. It snows!
I could purchase this phone from a German collector at a reasonable price. It's missing the second receiver. The terminals and a cord restraint are there, but where the hook should be on the right hand side, there is only a blind plate. Besides one screw which is also missing, the object looks complete. It was manufactured in 1912. According to the few information available, "Type 10" does not refer to a model year in this case, but refers to the tenth model issued by the manufacturer Eurieult which was taken over by Grammont soon after. An appearance of the model around 1905 is mentioned. Have a look at the hookswitch! It fills the entire upper compartment.
The material of the lower box is called ivorine or ivoirine in one source. That name refers to a type of imitation ivory, what it clearly is not. It has more the look of mottled brown Bakelite, but feels different. Could it be "Galalith"? That would be casein (!) polymerized with formaldehyde?
Any additional information is welcome.
Sources I found so far:
http://www.l2l1.com/tel.htm
http://alain.levasseur.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Western Electric Pay Phones / Re: Western El. 177G payphone ...
Last post by FABphones - December 05, 2022, 04:50:10 AM
Old 2018 thread but Gary still logs in to CRPF. 

Any update for us Gary?