News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BK Precision 1045/1050 Telephone Tester - Sightings!

Started by AE_Collector, July 30, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Two BK1050's (with no guarantees) have just landed on eBay at $95 each (plus shipping) with the ability to make an offer as well. They are on the east coast of USA in New Jersey. Shipping to me shows at $96.55 each so I am going to pass.

If anyone else is looking for one maybe your shipping won't be as bad.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/292522746885

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 14, 2018, 11:57:45 PM
Two BK1050's (with no guarantees) have just landed on eBay at $95 each (plus shipping) with the ability to make an offer as well. They are on the east coast of USA in New Jersey. Shipping to me shows at $96.55 each so I am going to pass.

If anyone else is looking for one maybe your shipping won't be as bad.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/292522746885

Terry
Yep; saw them the second they were listed, and thought of snagging both, but thought I'd leave them to others that really need one. Of the 6 or 7 that I have purchased (all on eBay), I have found that if they light up when you turn them on, they work just fine! But, as always, "Buyer beware"....
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

dsk

Shipping is really killing lots of projects, but this is unbelievable:

(and I may ad 30% VAT and tax on the total)

AE_Collector

Ouch! A one way airplane ticket can be had for much less than that and the 1050 could then enjoy the views out the window and order a meal with drinks as well! And of course it could then pack a free 50 pound / 23kg suitcase of telephones to test once it arrives at your place Dag! You can probably purchase this one in Israel for much less shipping expense:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202159936979

I guess I could make an offer of maybe $30 so my shipped cost is $125 on one of these in NJ but I have to assume that making that offer would just be a waste of a few more minutes of my life.

Terry

Sigmaz

I have an office in Wall which is not far from Farmingdale.

I just submitted an offer of $40 hoping for free pick up.

Sigmaz

Free pick up is available.
My $40 offer was countered with $67.
I just resubmitted for $50....fingers crossed..

AE_Collector

Okay, if that is accepted (or if you have to go to $60) ask if they want to sell them both at that price and if you don't mind I will get you to ship it to me. Shipping won't be cheap but it won't be $96 either. I don't know what they weigh, could be a bit and it would be to 98281 in Washington State. This way you would get to pick the best one as well.

Terry

Sigmaz

Ok Terry, No problem!

If she goes for it I'll move to grab both of them.

AE_Collector

Might help your negotiating a bit if they are both gone in one deal....Good Luck!

Terry

Sigmaz

Say, Does anyone know the dimensions of the 1050?
Both dimensionally and weight wise?

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

The complete manual for a BK 1050 is in the TCI Library. This image below from the bottom of page 8 shows the information you specifically requested (click the image to enlarge it).

BK 1050 Manual - TCI Library

Sigmaz

Thanks John!

I just finished downloading it and then hit refresh on this thread only to find your answer waiting for me.
;D

Sigmaz

I'm happy to be able to report that two members of the forum are now 1050 owners.
These are the $95 +shipping eBay units we were all drooling over..
We were able to snap them up for...(drum roll please..........)
$65 ea!!!!!
I picked them up at the warehouse which happened to be only 5 mins away from my NJ shore office.

Got them home and did a few quick tests.

Ring current, dial tone, side tone, modulation indication, DTMF, and pulse detection all working,

I guess it's true, if they turn on there is a good chance it'll work.

AE_Collector

What a deal Jon ...$65 and NO shipping! Find of the Month material I'm thinking? The second one is heading west...WAY west and north a little as well. I'm hoping that shipping isn't going to be much more than $60-$65 but we will see what the actual damage is once Jon gets it packed up for me.

This isn't the first time I've been helped out but club members "in the right place" close to something I've wanted. And I'm certain there are numerous other examples of this in the club as well. It's sure nice to all have the same interests and then help each other other out with those interests.

I needed to quickly get some idea what shipping was going to cost to determine if I was In or Out of this deal. Jon posted here asking for dimensigns and weight to which Teleplay very quickly had the answer and so I decided to go for it. Thanks Jon and John!

Thanks so much to Jon for grabbing them both and for the extra effort to ship one of them on to me.

Terry

dsk

That is just fantastic, and for the good feeling so much cheaper than the $1200 it would have been for me to get it here to Norway. (witch actually is completely insane and close to a political statement we do not want that kind of trade  But I am not sure about it that is Norwegian or US  or both politicians to blame...)

dsk