News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Voice over Internet Protocol (VoiP) phone service and pulse dialing

Started by Konrad, January 07, 2009, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Many converters make that sounds that dc4code mentioned. It has been to difficult to get an ATA here that understands rotary. The Smart1 adapter works without making strange sounds.  :)   If we come to different systems like Swedish, NZ/Oslo dials, the only one that works is the dialgizmo, and that one make sounds. 

markosjal

Let me Preach the Telegospel AGAIN!

Get yourself a UTStarcom IAN-02-EX

these things are workhorses although they do not support high ring power like some Grandstreams the Pulse detection is very good and it does not "convert" pulses to DTMF rather it detects pulses directly. (unfortuately no tone overdialing so we would need a Rotatone - like device online only while in a call for overdialing to get the best of both worlds) . But please note my tests with the IAN-02X and rotatone have not worked at all and I do not know why.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Jack Aman

I use an X-link BTTN with cable VOIP.  All my old phones work perfectly.  The experience in the house is indistinguishable from POTS.  The bluetooth link to our cell phones is a bonus.  "Land line" (VOIP) calls ring with the standard North America ring.   Calls to my cell ring with the British 'ring-ring" pattern.  My wife's cell rings with a long-short pattern.  The BTTN rings two 302's, three 202's on subsets, and one 102 on a subset strongly, and that is without the "extra ringing power" you can choose in the settings.  There are even settings to allow for slow or sticky dials, foreign dials, etc etc.  Voice mail and other "trees" ("press one now...") work perfectly with the dials.  Really happy with the setup.

markosjal

I just bought an Xlink  the model with 3 Bluetooth connections and a single POTS line at Goodwill for $6.99 . I only need a power supply for it. Anyone know the power connector size?
Mark

dsk

The plug is equal to the one I use on my Linksys adapter, voltage 9V (+/-2V) center +. 
Congratulations with a good bargin.

I have not found any one willing to send a UTStarcom IAN-02-EX to Norway at all, and even the grandstream adapters who should accept rotary are not available here, and shipping will be at least $50  On the top the charge me with about 25.30% tax of the total!

I guess I keep my system running with the Smart1 adapter. I have not tested if the Smart1 will be accepted by the dialgizmo :-)

markosjal

Thanks DSK but it is the dimensions that I need if I am to get one.

Here is one that looks like will ship to Norway
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UTstarcom-LINGO-IAN-02EX-WIRED-NETWORK-VOIP-TELEPHONE-ADAPTER-MODULE-U53V004/131773143662?hash=item1eae4a9a6e:g:2tMAAOSwWBJXBFmY&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId ( dead link 04-13-21 )

dsk

Thank you, I have just asked them. Shipping will be $35

The DC plug on mine measured Ø=5.4 mm  ø=2.1 mm length of the plug =10 mm

markosjal

dsk

It arrived today, but how to log in? 

I have tested user and 12345  and  supervisor and utstar.

Should we continue this in another thread?
dsk

markosjal

First you should check with the seller.

If he is selling a locked unit, the page should say that!

I am not using default password and do not remember what it is.

My UTStarcom shows that I can dial the following on a connected touchtone phone to reset it
*#322867973738 (*#FACTORTRESET)
it seems there is a shorter reset something like #73738 (#RESET) or*73738 (*RESET)  or *#73738

if you do this disconnect it from the internet so it does not download a new config.

If this is a Lingo version try this https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21875137-Unlock-Lingo-V2-8-2-63b-U53V005-00-00-UTSTARCOM-unlock

Please post photos of labels and logos on unit

dsk

Thank you, *#322867973738 did it.
This is a complex setup compared with the simper Linksys, but it reads rotary   :)

markosjal

The simple config:

VoIP  > Protocol  > Select  SIP

VoIP > User   > Set Username, Login ID, and Displayname to account user. Set Password to Password

VoIP > SIP: > Set Proxy Address, Registrar Address, Outbound Proxy Address, and SIP Domain to Server IP or FQDN

dsk

It was a new way of thinking setup, but as I wrote, it works, even for rotary, and that is the main thing! Rotary works on this ATA    :) :) :)   So thank you for the tip about this unit, it is actually extremely advanced with so many possibilities.   :o   That is also the "problem"   ::)   It is hard to stop trying out everything when its working already. :-X

It is good to be able to use a rotary phone without having anything extra between the phone and the ATA ;D
dsk

countryman

Very good news!
I'm using a AVM Fritz!Box device but great to hear about alternatives.

markosjal

Quote from: Jack Aman on December 20, 2020, 10:07:24 PMI use an X-link BTTN with cable VOIP.  All my old phones work perfectly.  The experience in the house is indistinguishable from POTS.  The bluetooth link to our cell phones is a bonus.  "Land line" (VOIP) calls ring with the standard North America ring.   Calls to my cell ring with the British 'ring-ring" pattern.  My wife's cell rings with a long-short pattern.  The BTTN rings two 302's, three 202's on subsets, and one 102 on a subset strongly, and that is without the "extra ringing power" you can choose in the settings.  There are even settings to allow for slow or sticky dials, foreign dials, etc etc.  Voice mail and other "trees" ("press one now...") work perfectly with the dials.  Really happy with the setup.

I find this very hard to believe. The delay alone on a cell phone means that many calls sound like they are half duplex.