News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Which is the better (more original/collectible) phone?

Started by allnumbedup, July 19, 2021, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allnumbedup

I appreciate the conversation and ideas. The box was 6 inches deeper than the phone on the switch hook side and I filled the entire space on that side and over the tip of the hook with dense black shipping crate foam from a previous appliance delivery by cutting a tight spot for the hook. Part of the reason the buyer was so accommodating he said was because it was packed so well.
Analog Phones for a Digital World

TelePlay

Quote from: allnumbedup on May 21, 2022, 12:10:43 PMThe box was 6 inches deeper than the phone on the switch hook side and I filled the entire space on that side and over the tip of the hook with dense black shipping crate foam from a previous appliance delivery by cutting a tight spot for the hook.

That should have worked. To have that much damage with that packing method must have been a huge impact with the hook closest to the impact point.

Did the buyer say anything about the box, any damage to the box on the hook side?

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: TelePlay on May 20, 2022, 05:56:00 PM...Trusting someone I don't know, several someone's, handling a package "better" over a multi-transfer route because it has a "fragile" sticker on it is folly. And, yes, disenchanted aggrieved employees with bad attitudes having a bad day are prone to taking out their hostility on packages market "fragile"...
It is not "employees with a bad attitude", it is the way they are trained to work.  If it has the Post Office's Fragile stickers on it, and is in a separate bin with tape over it, they are required to be careful with it.  Fragile stickers YOU put on it are useless, as it goes with everything else and is handled just like everything else.  Paying $12.00 extra is better than having to refund the buyer his money.

Mike