News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TAKEN *** FREE to Good, Bad, or Ugly Home

Started by RDPipes, June 01, 2022, 11:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

I was walking out to trash with a box full of ........ah, Stuff and then it dawned on me maybe someone would like to have this........Stuff instead of just throwing it away to some landfill.
Anyway, If ya want it, Ya have to take ALL of it and just pay for shipping, and I'll try and the cheapest rate USPS unless the taker wants it faster.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: RDPipes on June 01, 2022, 11:34:54 AMI was walking out to trash with a box full of ........ah, Stuff and then it dawned on me maybe someone would like to have this........Stuff instead of just throwing it away to some landfill.
Anyway, If ya want it, Ya have to take ALL of it and just pay for shipping, and I'll try and the cheapest rate USPS unless the taker wants it faster.

How much do you want for it?

Mike

RDPipes

Well sir, It all depends where you live.
All I want is the shipping cost. The box weighs 3.5 pounds.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: RDPipes on June 01, 2022, 03:55:34 PMWell sir, It all depends where you live.
All I want is the shipping cost. The box weighs 3.5 pounds.
I live in Vallejo, California.

RDPipes

HarrySmith

COOL! I am happy you took the time to ask here before tossing them.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

My biggest problem or maybe not a problem is I can't throw anything away if it hold even just a little value and someone can use it. It be nice if I could afford to just send things to people without having to ask for shipping but, those days are gone I'm afraid and I'm now on a limited income.

HarrySmith

Anyone who is getting free parts should be happy to pay the shipping cost!
Parts for our old phones are getting harder & harder to find. Just look at the cost of dial card retainers. Nearly every phone out there is missing them. I have heard the installers would remove them and toss them in the trash when they took a phone out of service plus they are easy to knock off when transporting or in storage, lots of reasons why I guess. I do not throw any phone stuff away either. I  have a lot of stuff in boxes I will probably never use. Then there is the old adage, the day after you throw something out you will be looking for it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

I know you're right, I don't know how many times I got rid of something when just a week later I needed it.
But, I've come to a time and place where I can't keep it all anymore and if I don't have a need for it I have to get rid of it.