News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help in Wiring a Northern Electric 444EC

Started by RDPipes, November 27, 2022, 03:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on November 30, 2022, 04:20:30 AMNothing wrong with Northern Electric, as they are the same.  Designs stayed in production a couple of years longer, but otherwise the same.  Still Bell.
PS:  F1W means it was for a non-Bell operating company.

Mike
I understand Mike, but when you purchase or trade as I did you expect your item to be what the other party states it is. I do understand why the F1W handset but thank you just the same.

RDPipes

Well here it is with its exterior resto finished, I'm getting something from a good friend to install in the phone so I can have the line button lamp light on incoming and out going calls as I have it wired to ring that way (well not to ring on outgoing calls but, you know what I mean). I did go ahead and install the H3AJ handset cord for now because the WE coiled cloth one I have is not the right color. Maybe I'll use one of my NOS WE straight cloth cords, I haven't decided yet. At first this phone was a bit intimidating with all the wiring going on inside but, after you understand how its all laid out it's pretty simple, at least the way I'm doing it and not hooking it up to a key system.

Doug Rose

Outstanding Ron....looks like it just rolled out of the factory. I do like the H3AJ cord....looks sharp!....Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 07, 2022, 04:26:47 PMOutstanding Ron....looks like it just rolled out of the factory. I do like the H3AJ cord....looks sharp!....Doug

Thank you Doug!

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

poplar1

Quote from: RDPipes on December 07, 2022, 04:07:06 PMWell here it is with its exterior resto finished, I'm getting something from a good friend to install in the phone so I can have the line button lamp light on incoming and out going calls.

It will light up the first line button whenever you go off-hook. It won't light up on incoming call.

Anyone have a spare neon lamp from a 3-line, 3-hold set, such as an ITT 2576 or 576? It would light up on an incoming call, but you would have to use the L2 or L3 socket, and eliminate the common Lamp Ground (LG).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RDPipes

Quote from: poplar1 on December 07, 2022, 09:08:44 PMIt will light up the first line button whenever you go off-hook. It won't light up on incoming call.

Anyone have a spare neon lamp from a 3-line, 3-hold set, such as an ITT 2576 or 576? It would light up on an incoming call, but you would have to use the L2 or L3 socket, and eliminate the common Lamp Ground (LG).

Got ya Dave, thank you again sir.
That'll be fine, no need for me to go swapping out bulbs too, besides if I ever want to put it back to the original wiring I won't remember what I changed like my WE306 snaf-foo a while ago.