News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

old northern telecom phone

Started by long jumper, August 10, 2022, 11:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Quote from: long jumper on January 20, 2023, 08:37:24 PMWhat other markings should i look for on outside of this 500 phone to determine if it's  a Kellogg  phone. I would have to ask seller to send more photos

The "Kellogg" name should be on the housing (behind the cradle) and on the handset. Also, the ink stamps on the baseplate (outside) are different on a Kellogg compared to WE or NE.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

long jumper

Thanks for your input. I contacted seller they they said they would look at phone and let me know if Kellogg stamp was where you said they were. That was 3 days ago. Living in western  pa i have rarely seen any Kellogg 500 phones

HowardPgh

The handset looks WE. The Kellogg version handset looks generally the same but has rounder shoulders.
Its possible that it may have a Kellogg case.  Also could be a 591 which was sold to the Independents with no ringer. Bentleyville PA and party code on dial card may indicate a frequency ringer inside. The Kellogg 500 I have has the components fastened with nuts and bolts rather than being riveted to the base.
Howard