HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

I have someone in CO that is looking to buy 1 of the original booths for restoration, I did explain about weight and Logistics.

There used to be 2 of them in Colorado Springs and 1 in in a storage lot up Ute pass.

Jim
I always thought it would be neat to chrome plate one of these booths
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Jim S. on May 24, 2013, 04:48:33 PM
I have someone in CO that is looking to buy 1 of the original booths for restoration, I did explain about weight and Logistics.

There used to be 2 of them in Colorado Springs and 1 in in a storage lot up Ute pass.

Jim

Jim,

You might try looking on Craigslist for your client... I saw one of these a month or so back, located in Central to Western-ish Kansas. That would, logistically, be better than from FL. Goodness knows if it is still on there? If I get the time, this weekend, I'll try to find it for you.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Jim Stettler

I met hi
Quote from: Mr. Bones on May 24, 2013, 05:11:18 PM

Jim

Jim,

You might try looking on Craigslist for your client... I saw one of these a month or so back, located in Central to Western-ish Kansas. That would, logistically, be better than from FL. Goodness knows if it is still on there? If I get the time, this weekend, I'll try to find it for you.

Best regards!
I met him on craigslist (never in person), He had posted a wanted, I contacted him to advise him of the weight and logistics of moving one of these  original booths, I have heard these booths are 1200-1800 pounds depending on when it was made and if the glass had been replaced with plastic.
He had already researched that part of the project  and was still interested, so I send him leads when I find them, this has been ongoing for about 2 years. 2 weeks ago I found 1 on craigslist that I sent him, It turned out to be a high quality repro. So he is still looking.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Jim S. on May 24, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
I met hi
Quote from: Mr. Bones on May 24, 2013, 05:11:18 PM

Jim

Jim,

Best regards!
I met him on craigslist (never in person), He had posted a wanted, I contacted him to advise him of the weight and logistics of moving one of these  original booths, I have heard these booths are 1200-1800 pounds depending on when it was made and if the glass had been replaced with plastic.
He had already researched that part of the project  and was still interested, so I send him leads when I find them, this has been ongoing for about 2 years. 2 weeks ago I found 1 on craigslist that I sent him, It turned out to be a high quality repro. So he is still looking.
Jim

Oops!
     I should have said: "You might try searching on Craigslist for the booth I saw recently, on behalf of your client". That is actually what I had meant. Good luck in your hunt!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

This one in need of paint made it all the way to south central Wisconsin and sold recently for $2,500 with local pickup only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300904175049

twocvbloke

Looks like that one needs more than paint, the base (which usually gets planted in concrete) looks like its been broken, probably when it was extracted from it's concrete shoes, though I'm sure a bit of welding or something could fix it up again... :)

david@london

a phonebox @ east portlemouth, devon.

david@london

Phonebox book exchange, devon..........

Contempra

Nick in Manitou

Here is a K6 for sale in Ohio...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/atq/4204745814.html
( dead link 04-26-21 )

twocvbloke

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on December 02, 2013, 10:16:20 AM
Here is a K6 for sale in Ohio...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/atq/4204745814.html

With an 051 number, it likely came from somewhere in the Liverpool area, so it's a scouser phone box... :D

david@london

...........yep, it's from sefton - see taxi rank info.
southport rd., formby in fact.

david@london

........the virtual tour of a k2 phonebox is working again......... dave z's forum upgrade seems to have re-activated it. thanks, dave.

......see post 6 on 1st page of this item.

LarryInMichigan