News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ray Kotke/Recumbant Casting

Started by Sargeguy, October 21, 2013, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Received Ray's  WE 122 shells today and they are better than expected.  USPS took 12 days to deliver them.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

poplar1

Quote from: Sargeguy on October 21, 2013, 06:51:09 PM
Received Ray's  WE 122 shells today and they are better than expected.  USPS took 12 days to deliver them.

I hope you blame the post office and don't flame Ray for the delay.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

wds

I received a phone call from the Post Office (usps) last week, wanting to know if I got their sample pack of priority mail boxes, which I had.  (of course I got them - they were empty!).  He wanted to know if I was pleased with the USPS delivery system, so I unloaded on him.  The tracking was worthless, my packages are delivered to my neighbors more than to my house, and their 1-800 number to complain  might as well be disconnected.  He seemed a little surprised by my response, but I doubt if I was the first person to complain to him.  I told him if the package was important I always use Fed Ex.  Or UPS.  If it was something not that important then I used usps.  Not to mention a different carrier every other week - I think they only hire people who can't read house numbers.  

For a while, it took 3 carriers to pick up my priority mail - the regular carrier who did not touch priority mail, 2nd one came to the house to leave a paper in my box acknowledging my pickup, then the 3rd who actually picked up the priority mail boxes.  figure that one out.
Dave

Sargeguy

QuoteI hope you blame the post office and don't flame Ray for the delay.

I never flame people...  8)

QuoteFor a while, it took 3 carriers to pick up my priority mail - the regular carrier who did not touch priority mail, 2nd one came to the house to leave a paper in my box acknowledging my pickup, then the 3rd who actually picked up the priority mail boxes.  figure that one out.

Sounds like mail collectile dysfunction to me!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

They did the "3" carrier routine this summer.  All of a sudden I noticed that the neighborhood was flooded with Postal Trucks, but it wasn't until I had a few Priority Mail boxes to send that I figured out what was going on.  I even made a trip to the Post Office to confirm what was going on after they didn't pick up my boxes one day.  The regular carrier delivered the regular stuff, the priority mail was handled by two other carriers.  One carrier did nothing more than verify the pickup, then put a receipt in my mail box.  The third carrier was in charge of picking up the boxes.  I'm not sure if they had a 4th carrier that delivered the Priority mail or if it was delivered by the same guy that picked up.  What an incredible waste of money and resources.  If this procedure was implemented across the entire city, can you imagine how many new trucks they had to buy?  And where did they come up with all those new carriers that can't read house numbers?  And we just can't figure out why USPS is broke.  
Dave