News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old Phone Works (negative)

Started by Babybearjs, March 22, 2016, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I'm Disappointed with OPW. I ordered some spade terminals 02/19/16 and have yet to get them. For some reason they dropped my Lot Number on the shipping address, yet it is correct on the billing address.... anyway, I told them the order might get returned because our wonderful P.O. doesn't want to do its job right.... and looses, damages and delays packages. since the lot number was dropped on the shipping label, I emailed them and told them the order might get returned, I have yet to hear back from them about my last order. they have corrected the shipping address, but it was done AFTER the item was shipped... so, IF the P.O. sent the item back..... I should have heard by now and haven't.... has anyone had the same problem?
John

TelePlay

Digi-Key sells them for about $10 per 100 plus shipping. They do not have a minimum order and no handling fee.

This link should take you to the self piercing, 22 to 26 or 28 gauge spade lugs. I did not measure the ones I have but I'm sure of the 11 listed will match the old "Radio Shack" lugs which sold for about $2.50 for 25.

These come with the bar across the tips which has to be cut off before use.

The shipping will add a few bucks but at least you won't have to deal with border crossing delays.

There may be other sources out there as well. I just found this one first.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 22, 2016, 08:02:59 PM
I'm Disappointed with OPW. I ordered some spade terminals 02/19/16 and have yet to get them. For some reason they dropped my Lot Number on the shipping address, yet it is correct on the billing address.... anyway, I told them the order might get returned because our wonderful P.O. doesn't want to do its job right.... and looses, damages and delays packages. since the lot number was dropped on the shipping label, I emailed them and told them the order might get returned, I have yet to hear back from them about my last order. they have corrected the shipping address, but it was done AFTER the item was shipped... so, IF the P.O. sent the item back..... I should have heard by now and haven't.... has anyone had the same problem?

I have not had problem with them other than their prices are retail (who likes paying retail? :) ) and the shipping between Canada and the US always seems to take a while.  You might want to actually call them and talk to them.  They have always been pretty good over the phone with me.
-Bill G

Babybearjs

John, Thank you for the digi-key link. I went ahead and opened an account and reordered the spade terminals through them. at this point in time, it looks like OPW is striking out with me.... this will make a good replacement for Radio-Shack. OPW doesn't get a lot of my business, unless I need cordage. receiver cords and the like.... that's about all I order from them now. 
John

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 23, 2016, 03:42:08 PM
Thank you for the digi-key link. I went ahead and opened an account and reordered the spade terminals through them.

Which item or part number did you order? I still haven't had time to measure a Radio Shack lug to see which of theirs is closest in size.

Babybearjs

I went ahead and ordered 200 A29923CT-ND. I'm starting with these and will adjust the order accordingly. this last time I had so many, they lasted me about a year.... things have quite slowed down with my phone collecting and now I'm just going through and double checking my sets to see what I missed. Digi-Key and other internet electronic sites will be my source for various parts. OPW has failed at customer service.... my last few orders I specified vinyl wire and they had sent cloth.... so much for looking at the orders right. it was corrected, but only after I had received the orders. people are so poorly trained now a days and don't really care about what they are doing for others. I see this in food service, retail, and with neighbors high school students.... and they wonder why the drop out rate is so high..... its just sad....
John

Babybearjs

I have been in contact with Matt @OPW. the order has never arrived and a replacement order has been sent out. Thank you Matt. I wanted to start this thread so if others want to voice their issues about OPW they can. all forums need BOTH Pos. and Neg. Feedback voices... and this on just one of them....
John

Babybearjs

Update: my last order with OPW finally arrived. Arrival date: 04/08/16.
John

Southernphoneman

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 30, 2016, 03:25:39 PM
I have been in contact with Matt @OPW. the order has never arrived and a replacement order has been sent out. Thank you Matt. I wanted to start this thread so if others want to voice their issues about OPW they can. all forums need BOTH Pos. and Neg. Feedback voices... and this on just one of them....
I met Matt on facebook last night as he made a request to join my facebook group, but have also had great experiences with him and oldphoneworks, there was only one time where it wasn't so good but all other times it was so i would say mine experiences have been positive.

Babybearjs

all my dealings with OPW have been positive for the most part. this last order got lost in the mail and it was about the same time as when I mailed the package to a member back east.... he got his item.... packaging ruined. from the looks of the pictures, the shipment ran into some tornadic weather that damaged the entire shipment... I'm wondering if the original order met a similar fate.... and didn't make it. the other problem might have been that the lot number had been dropped from the mailing address and the original order is sitting in the dead letter office.... at any rate it took over a month to get this resolved, but it did get fixed. the only other problem I've had with OPW was the pickers not paying attention to the order specs and pulling the wrong style of item ordered.  other then that OPW is doing a great job. I just wish they were located on the WEST COAST instead of back east.....
John