News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Setright ticket machine - 1970s

Started by gpo706, February 27, 2015, 07:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Very chuffed with this - its a bus ticket issuing machine, this is a MKII from the early 70's as used by my local (then) country bus-line Eastern Scottish (aka Scottish Omnibuses Ltd.).

City routes were the preserve of Edinburgh Corporation Transport, the local council outfit I've had one their MKI machines since 1979 when they phased out conductors.

Hard to find an ex Eastern machine, till one came up - the auction ended the day before pay day, I was sniped by £1. - Gutted!

Seller then offered a BIN 2nd chance offer, didn't read the message he sent till day after, thinking it was the same machine and being ramped up by fake bids - the first went for £46, he was asking the same for his 2nd chance BIN.

When I eventually got round to reading his message it turns out it was a second machine he offered, by the time I got in touch he had alreadly re-listed it!

I felt it was destiny or kismet on this one, so I stayed up till end of auction at 5.48am and sniped it for £48, then had to get up at 10.30am for work - :(

He's then listed a third machine, he must have shedloads of them!

Comparing pics of the auctions, looks like I bagged the best condition of the three so far, paid Thurs, arrived Monday, works fine but doesn't print well, as the ink ribbon needs replaced, - I know a guy who does.

Ex ES/SOL machines only seem to turn up maybe 2 or 3 times a year, lucky I caught V 014 in this guys clearout!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Well, you can be Jack, someone can play Stan, and, I guess I'll play ol' Blakey.... ;D

"I hate you Butler!!"

gpo706

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 28, 2015, 01:18:07 AM
Well, you can be Jack, someone can play Stan, and, I guess I'll play ol' Blakey.... ;D

"I hate you Butler!!"

I have all three uniforms dude to suit every occasion!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"