"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I can't believe I won another Red Bar

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 03, 2010, 12:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

foots,

I believe that you are correct.  I am afraid though, that if I demand that he send me the phone, he will drop it first to make sure that it is really broken.

Regarding the other broken phone, I did finally receive a refund from the seller in Bulgaria this morning.  I also received a bizarre message from him, in broken English, apparently asking me to forward another item which he, or someone else in Sofia, Bulgaria sold (200443987816) to a buyer in Wisconsin when it arrives.  Things are really looking strange lately.

Larry

Doug Rose

Larry....I have had my share of shady answers from sellers when, in my opinion, they did not make enough on the phone they were selling. Go to Paypal, tell them you want the phone you won.  Tell them the seller refunded your money and that's not what you wanted. Paypal always sides with the buyer. I would fight this, the bakelite shell and handset are worth the $28 alone.....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Yesterday, I made one last attempt to convince the seller to send me the phone.  He had told me that the wiring block had broken loose from the screws and flopped around inside the shell.  I told him that I still wanted it if it had no breaks on the outside other than the two small cracks on the cradle, and he sent me the following message this morning:

"sorry about that.,,i droped and broke it ,,so with my temper i made it good and broke,,cant relist it for now its a billion piece pile.sorry"

Larry

jeremylivin

Yeah that's a load of crap if you ask me.

>:(
Jeremy Livingston

finlover

Wallphone

Tomorrow will be three days since the auction ended. See if you can leave appropriate feedback and knock his ass off that 100% pedestal.
Dougpav

jeremylivin

I would demand a picture of the pieces!
Jeremy Livingston

LarryInMichigan

I suspect that the seller is not all there anyway.  His messages are confused and full of misspellings, and the notebook paper in the dial center thing leads me to think that he is a bit off.  Anyway, i don't have the patience to deal with it now, especially since I have something much more urgent and enjoyable to do at the moment: income taxes.

Larry

Vern P

Over the years I have had more than a few of this kind of stories. I just let them play their game, as there are many more deals to make and many more phones to find.
Just my view.

Vern P

PS  I had a guy and his wife buy the house next to me. They were both off the wall BIG time.  The good part was they didn't stay long. But that is not a phnoe story.

Phonesrfun

Just so they did not buy the building in your back yard.  That is priceless.

-Bill
-Bill G