"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Med Blue 302

Started by JorgeAmely, February 23, 2010, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldopeacock

Hi - newly joined.

Had to jump in - a friend of mine who's an avid collector is the buyer of the latest blue 302 on eBay.   I ran across this discussion this morning and sent him a link to your group - hopefully he'll come in and update the info on this phone when he gets it.

This one completes his collection of color 302s.   He's restored all of them to remarkable condition and has had amazing success repairing case cracks to the point of near invisible.   I'll try to talk him into posting pics of the whole set when he's done.

Meanwhile, anyone have a good first-quarter 1941 Z dial plate?   He has two ivory 302s, one is a typical 50s example but the other is an early 1941, with the ivory plungers and other early color features.   It was in pretty rough shape but had all original parts.  Looks great now.   He's been looking for a nice, correctly-dated dial plate to make that phone all numbers-matching.   He's got a late '40 plate in it now - close but not quite.

JorgeAmely

Welcome to the forum!

We are all interested in seen how other people restore these phones. Please ask your friend to join and post some pictures.
Jorge

Jester

Welcome!!  This is a great place for those of us who enjoy old phones!  Your friend got a great buy on his recent purchase-- I look forward to hearing from him on this project & seeing pictures! :D  This group really likes pictures!
Stephen

McHeath

Welcome to our little island of phoneness.   :)

That blue 302 was very fine, and a good price to boot. 

baldopeacock

Thanks for the kind welcome from all.

I'll give him a nudge to join this group, for sure.   It make take some nudging.

Jester, I remember your blue 302 on eBay.   My friend also bid on that one, I remember him saying he'd have to get a replacement back cover from the fellow who reproduces them, if he won that auction.   You did a great job on your phone.

This guy's really got a decent little collection.   Couple of Imperials, an ivory Continental w/original paint, a NOS early black 302, a mint 5302 in black,  a pristine Kellogg Redbar, equally pristine S-C 1243 recently completed,  soft plastic 554 in dark red, very nice 701b Princess, plus the bunch of color 302s and some others I've left out.     I'll try to talk him into posting pics of his phones.    He's got a lot of time and effort in them.    I think he's got about 15 of them connected, in use at any given time.    Shakes the foundation when they all ring at once.

Doug Rose

I would love to see the finished product. This Blue 302 is in really outstanding condition, with the exception of the two cracks. The luster of the thermoplastic looked like a new phone....good luck to your friend....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Jester on March 01, 2010, 05:31:55 PM
Welcome!!  This is a great place for those of us who enjoy old phones!  ...

... but that doesn't mean we are old!
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 02, 2010, 12:28:12 PM
Quote from: Jester on March 01, 2010, 05:31:55 PM
Welcome!!  This is a great place for those of us who enjoy old phones!  ...

... but that doesn't mean we are old!

I can't speak for the group, but I am on the otherside of the mountain peak.....Doug
Kidphone

jeremylivin

I just turned 30, and also just started my phone collection...

I'm up to two now.  :)

Edit:  Ok, now I'm up to 4 phones.  haha
Jeremy Livingston

baldopeacock

My buddy with the latest eBay blue 302 has joined the discussion group - he is ETS1979.

He's posted pics and a question about the needed crack repairs under general discussion, post title is "cracked blue 302".

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2295.0