News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Restoring a WECo 130 "donut" phone

Started by cihensley@aol.com, April 06, 2011, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

I was not even aware of the Western Electric 130 until Doug Rose emailed me a picture of it. I subsequently saw it in one of the collector books and one in Gary Golff's collection on his Web site. And, one came-up for sale on eBay. The two pictures of the phone restored are before I hung it.

Chuck

bingster

The nickel's so bright I gotta wear shades. 8)

Really beautiful job!
= DARRIN =

Sargeguy

Sweet!  Did you polish or have it re-nickeled?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Phonesrfun

Wonderful job, and those little gems sell for a nice chunk of change.  It looks beautiful.

-Bill
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Chuck:

That phone looks truly awesome. Congratulations! Did you paint the body too?
Jorge

Doug Rose

Chuck.....what a beautiful job!! This has been on my want list for years, you done good my friend! Put it front and center in your collection. Just a tad envious......Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

cihensley@aol.com

Jorge - I refinished it with black japan. I am about to give up on japan. It has the advantage of being the authentic finish, but it doesn't seem to have the other characteristics (e.g., fast-drying, durability) that made it attractive to WECo compared to some modern paints.

Chuck

GG

Is there someone out there who does plating and knows about telephone equipment?   Or any specific company that can be recommended?  And what's the typical cost for a handful of small parts?