News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Making the switch

Started by Babybearjs, November 01, 2016, 12:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well.....I'm making some changes to my phone service and going from Centurylink to Cableone. the overall price is going to be the same and so all I have to do is add a cable jack to my setup for the cable modem. Centurylink, who just can't get their act together can't give me any higher speed then 20 GB/sec. and cable one offers a 100GB/sec. service for the same price. the main concern is the VOIP phone service. 6 years ago I was living with a friend that had cableone and my phones dialed out just fine. the tech at that time said that the modem we had was backward compatable and so everything worked just fine....unless there was an outage.... which seems to be the case more on the cable system then with the phone system.... BUT, I'm willing to take the chance and at least try them.  with free installation and the fact that I can return the cable modem once I buy one off of ebay... its worth it.... and if all fails, I can always switch back.... so.... for Phil and all the Centurylink employees....Thank you for the great service.... I may be back.
John