News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Rescue!

Started by Babybearjs, March 18, 2016, 11:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well. I got another W.E. 445 with the exclusion key. after taking it apart and cleaning it andf putting it back together... I have rescued another telephone! here are some pictures.
John

unbeldi

I hope you didn't get any WD40 or Novus 2 onto those tomatoes.   :D

You didn't save that nice dial card and cellulose acetate window?

The window is special, because it was installed specially for key sets to identify the station in the key system.
"A" would be the first set of many.

Very often, those covers can be cleaned and polished quite well with Novus 2.

Babybearjs

the "Tomatoes", are really mandarin oranges... the phone cleaned up really nice and when primarily tested, line 2 didn't tone out... why I don't know, it must have been a fluke. I put a line cord across each of the T/R contacts and the phone worked fine, just the bell didn't ring. I suspect the wires on the bell, because when I used my tester, the coils seemed fine. I'm waiting for my last OPW order, Spade Terminals to finish repairing another phone and make more line cords... the orders late, as it was placed 4 weeks ago and should have already been here... anyway, this makes 2 445's in my collection. Now just have to find the right 465 to match.... 
John

poplar1

Appears to be a later set with the 6 contact springs on the switchhook...so 1A or 1A1/1A2, right. What is the model number on the base pan?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

Yup! does anyone know what these are worth once they are restored?
John