News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wright's Brass Polish

Started by Doug Rose, October 22, 2021, 02:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet picked this up at a yard sale and its been sitting on my work bench. I ran out of Brasso so I thought I would give it a try.

It is amazing. I used it on a WE Fan I bought at Brimfield and the Blades just shine. It isn't cheap, Amazon has an 8 oz bottle for $24.

You wipe it on a cleaned piece of Brass, let it dry, wipe it off and it shines like new. I think of the hours I put in working on the blades and I still wasn't happy with them...Doug
Kidphone

RB

Nice find.
It is good to happen on to something that "works" without the "bummer" effect of work not rewarded.

Doug Rose

thanks Rod....it really cleaned the Brass up with minimal effort. Truly night and day...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I used the Wrights on this stick, first time I ever used it.

Paint was horrible and when I stripped it, I did not hold out much hope. Didn't look very nice after stripped.

I love the steel/brass combo. It did a wonderful job.

I always use Brasso or Noxon on Bakelite, but I am going to try this next time.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

This North has been in my collection for years, it was dull and looked more like dirty brass than it did copper. I was going to add a North dial to it, but it looked too horrible, so I removed it from my collection.

Today I saw it sitting on the to do shelf and I thought I would see what the Wrights would do to it.

NO Steel wool, No power tools; just Wrights and a Mr Clean bar. In less than 15 minutes it had a shine again!

I added the North dial to it. I am pleasantly surprised....Doug
Kidphone

Scott

Doug Rose

Kidphone

ReneRondeau

That's really pretty. I love the 'rose gold' effect of polished copper. If you spray it with a few thin coats of lacquer it will prevent it from tarnishing again, and keep that great look for years to come.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Babybearjs

I have a 464 with brass accents... going to have to try that polish... maybe... kind of like the tarnished look....
John

Doug Rose

I have had a Mottle Brown North handset that I purchased on eBay. I think it might have been from Ray. I cleaned out the closet in my phone room and found it!

Looks nice on the Copper North...Doug
Kidphone