Main Menu

Red Phones

Started by Adam, September 16, 2010, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on September 17, 2010, 09:46:09 AM
Here are my red telephones
2. NEC Type 4, actually its a maroon phone

Do the Type 4's have a manufacture date on them anywhere?  My Type 3 does not.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dave F

Red 1500 with G6 handset.

Dave F

Here's a red 108 loudspeaker for a 4A Speakerphone.  I'm still looking for the matching red 680 Transmitter, in case anybody knows where one might be hiding.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dave F on September 22, 2010, 01:14:33 PM
Red 1500 with G6 handset.

only one of my type 4 that has a manufacturer's date, it says 1936 on the transmitter

rdelius

On the japanese type 4 set you use 1936 as the date, this might be  the year showa 36.which would be 1961. These sets were post war and inspired by the 302.
Robby
Photo of my Soviet red set made my V E F in Riga in Oct 1968

finlover

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 16, 2010, 04:29:30 PM
Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 16, 2010, 03:54:28 PM
Dave F, yours look nice too.  I also enjoy red phones.  I would love to someday have a Red (not Pekin Red) 202 like the one Finlover posted some time ago.

Dennis:

finlover who  ??? ??? ???

Okay, Mr. Smarty Pantalones, I'll be posting some red phone photos tonight--get ready!

JorgeAmely

Game on!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS: You have a lot of posting to catch up to.
Jorge

Kenny C

AMEN TO THAT

i can leave for an hour and then i am behind 5 pages  ;) We are a chatty little group
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

finlover

Okay, here we go.  Most of you guys have seen these already, especially the Continental that Dennis posted a link to earlier, but here they are anyway.  I hope I never have to sell these babies:  a '57 554, a '55 500 and the Continental.  I also have a red '60s rotary multi-line phone but I haven't taken pictures of that one.  Enjoy!

finlover

more

finlover

even more

finlover

And just for fun here's the "Red Dragon" phone I did for my son who was born in 2000, the year of the dragon.  Don't worry--no rare or valuable phones were harmed in the making of this creation!

mienaichizu

I am always amazed on how you refinish your phones

Kenny C

I was born in 1996 what Animal am I?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

finlover

Yours is the year of the mouse, so you need Mickey Mouse phone in your collection for sure!  And here I thought you were born in '55 from your screen name.  Well, welcome to the hobby, you little whippersnapper!  Collecting old phones is easy--talking to girls is the hard part. ???