"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just an Update- Good to be back after 2 years

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, December 26, 2018, 06:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

So its been a while since ive been here

My son Timmy is now almost 14,  his mom has kept him away from phones for the last 3 years and me unfortunately.   

I recently got engaged to a girl who is as crazy about phones as I am.    We just bought a house and have been wiring it for the collection :)
Even started gathering things for our step switch.  Which will end up being in our living room. 

We also decided to rename the TimmyNet Telephone Company to the Phreakshow Telephone Company since before his mom stopped allowing him to see me,  he coudn't get enough of the Evan Doorbell tapes and learning about phreaking :)

Currently working on getting our 1A2 Shoebox KSU operational.    We bought a WeCo oak phone booth for our living room dirt cheap locally. 

I still have Timmys switchboard and its getting a cosmetic restoration this winter.  Its working mostly.  Still have some issues to work out with the dial,  other then that its good to go. 

Anyways Its good to be back,  Ill be posting lots of pics of what we have found in the last couple years

HarrySmith

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about Timmy and the Ex, been there. It's really great you found a phone crazy woman who agreed to be your wife! Congrats! I can't wait to see what a phone crazy couple can do to a house.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

robert_m

Those shoeboxes are great little systems, i purchased on years ago, and it still runs properlly TODAY, main issue is the interperter if your have the one with the motor, but rest like most anthing from bell system were brick SH*! houses that just WORKED period.

dc4code

Are you the same Phreakshow that is in the VoIP Mailing list talking about punching down 25 pair cable on a 1A2 System? And are you the same Phreakshow in the 510 Confbridge?

There must be a lot of phreaks with the name 'phreakshow'.

Anyways if you need help connecting your Step switch to C*NET, NoveltyPSTN or the PSTN Just PM or email me and I can even remotely connect to your PC and setup an exchange and configure your ATA or your Zaptel/Dahdi Hardware!

Completely Free just to get you up and running :)

dc4code

Lastly, what do you mean "Good to be back after TWO years"

When your CRPF Profile was created "May 02, 2018, 06:06:20 PM"

I guess you were inactive in your telephone hobby and now you are active again? Is that what you meant?