"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My latest project.

Started by Dan/Panther, December 05, 2008, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Quote from: HobieSport on December 06, 2008, 11:38:23 AM
BDM;  Ever restored a Henry Dreyfuss designed John Deere Tractor?  But I digress;  How's the phone going,  D/P?

No, but I've studied them during rebuilds. I have a few friends who have. I've considered buying a model A or G a few times. Just to rebuild it.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Yes I've been following the radio threads and your jump into Tubeland with that very cool Transoceanic jobber.  Over the Christmas break I plan to tinker about with dad's Emerson and see what can be done, but right now am just too busy. 

I did take it to school once to show the kiddos, the thing that amazed them the most was that the entire back opens up and you can see and touch all the working parts!  You can even zap yourself into Kingdom Come if you touch the wrong thing, they all commented on that.  We then had a good conversation about how the people of the past were different in how they viewed things such as safety, liability and maintenance.  Everything today is sealed for your protection, why you can't even change the battery in an iPhone because I guess they figure you will mess it up and sue them.