News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Advertisements

Started by Dennis Markham, January 10, 2009, 03:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

We talked about phone stickers in another post (http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=466.0)

I thought I would share a couple of photos of some items I have that apparently were common during the early days.  I thought they were probably intended for use with the 302's but one of the dial caps has only a 6 digit phone number so it was obviously from an earlier time.  Also shown will be a plastic dialer that some would use to dial the phone (to save the finger nails??).  I would imagine that is from the 60's.

McHeath

Interesting nick-naks.  I recall lots of G handsets with long ad stickers on them back in the day.  And then it was not all that unusual to see giant bolted on shoulder holsters, often at businesses but sometimes at people homes. 

mienaichizu

so a plastic dialer was also invented, I remember when I was a kid, we have this AE80 in the province in my Grandpa's house (that is where I first encounter a rotary dial phone). The ground floor of the house was used as a clinic and the front desk secretary uses a pencil head to dial the phone, rather that using her fingernails

Steve

I really like the dial caps. did they come on phones you bought, or can they be found by themselves?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Dennis Markham

Steve,

I did obtain one model 302 with one of the dial caps on the phone.  I bought a handful of the other one from an eBay seller---still in their original package.

I noticed some dialers for sale on eBay.  This is a current auction:

http://tinyurl.com/7qx42y ( dead link 05-13-21 )

Dennis

Steve

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure I would be interested in the dialers , but I would be interested in a dial cap for my 202. do any of the phone parts co.s sell them? I would be especially interested in one with a Chicago number on it :) . I guess it gives me something else to search for now.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.