News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson AC130 Skeletal Magneto Desk Telephone

Started by AE_Collector, February 03, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I know nothing about these but it looks like I may have just bought this for $50 Cdn, $40 US on Facebook Marketplace and think I have figured out how to get it picked up and deleivered to me.

Any input would be appreciated.

Terry

AE_Collector

Could it be this one?

http://www.telephonecollecting.org/Bobs%20phones/Pages/Skeletal/Skeletal.htm

A Skeletal topic here on CRPF from Remco with links:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2115.0

Did they make a lot of different versions of these over the years or what!

Terry

Ed Morris

I have seen phones that look like yours on eBay for hundreds of dollars.  Looks like you might have made a good buy.
Ed

AE_Collector

Well, phase one is complete. The phone was picked up by my daughters friend who lives quite close to the seller. It is no more than 70-80 miles from me but you have to take a ferry there and back. Must be in an island then, right. Nope...on the coast of BC that close to Vancouver but "you can't get there from here" (without a ferry ride)!

No new pictures. It will arrive here this coming weekend.

Terry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Another comment I got via email was that the block on the end of the cord sells for much more than I paid for the phone. Hoping that all is in reasonable condition when it arrives!

Terry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Tomorrow afternoon! But We will be heading to my daughters for her birthday dinner out so may be Monday before I can post some better pictures.

Terry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Pourme

~

Love to watch y'all buy really cool phones for those of us that can't....

Can't wait to see the pics, Terry!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

I rarely "score" or "Hit a Home Run". Don't watch eBay very closely anymore and don't scour the other online auction sites, CL or ETSY. Rarely hit garage sales or flea markets anymore so at least I know WHY I rarely find much.

Just happened to come across this one on FB Marketplace shortly after it was posted and while I know virtually nothing of this type of phone I have seen enough comments over the years to suspect that as long as it weren't a modern reproduction it is definitely worth $50+. So, I sent the "Still Available" question which wasn't answered until the next day.

Hoping it's not missing to many bits and pieces!

Terry

AE_Collector

It has been delivered to my younger daughter but we are out visiting older daughter on her birthday. A couple more pictures.

teka-bb

Nice find Terry,

Be aware that you should not lift these phones by the cradle. Always support them from the bottom.

The round black piece is made from relatively soft wood and attached to the deck by just a few wood screws.
They get torn out of  the wood easily because of the weight of the phone. When that happens is usually breaks the wires going to the coil inside the black round piece.
Repairing those wires is very difficult.

It also looks like the handset might be missing something. Maybe you can take a few more photos?
Phones made by Ericsson usually have a serial number stamped into them. There is a list that enables you to date the phone by the serial number.
On this type of phone it is usually on the side of the deck.

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

rdelius

Some had a funnel type curved mouthpiece and some had a dome with slots underneith

AE_Collector

Thanks guys...I'm assuming at minimum some sort of mouthpiece is missing from it though I still haven't seen it myself other than the pictures I've posted. I'm guessing these have a fair weight to them so being careful how to pick it up seems like very good advice.

I did search and found the web sure with serial numbers so am looking forward to seeing what I can find out from that web site.

Something completely new to me so it is somewhat exciting waiting for it to arrive! I'll post better pictures tomorrow.

Terry