News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Santa, Please Bring Me................

Started by Dennis Markham, December 22, 2010, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom B

I'll not ask for the impossible - a '49 500 (like I'm ever going to get one!) but a '50 would be deeply appreciated... Merry Christmas to all - best wishes and here's hoping everyones' Christmas wishes get granted, if not tomorrow then at some point in the coming year.
Tom

Dave F

Quote from: masstel on December 22, 2010, 08:44:23 PM
Santa, I would like a red Western Electric rotary 6 button card dialer.
Hey Santa, if you're heading over to Dave Haber's place, why don't you stop by my house on the way.  We'll have a nice little chat, just you and I.  Cookies, eggnog, whatever you want, you name it, you got it.  What's that you say, no red keyset Card Dialers this year?  Not a problem.  How about a pink one, or a blue one, or a yellow......  Shucks, no Card Dialers at all?  That's not very nice.  You know, I've been a very good boy this past year.  My wife will tell you that I just fixed the washing machine.  How about a couple boxes of AUTOVON cards and we'll call it Even-Steven?  I'll tell you what, if you can manage to leave me just a single AUTOVON card, I'll pour a whole bottle of Bacardi into that eggnog.  You think about that for awhile.  NORAD tells me that you're almost here.  Oh goody goody, and Merry Christmas to you too!

Sargeguy

A WE mouthpiece, a couple nickel plated bells and a hook for my 293 A.  A mouthpiece and a hook for my 20AL, and a nice shiny (or black for that matter) WE payphone door with 29S lock (with key).
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

LoveOldPhones

a super girly pink  WE 500 set from the mid to late 50's..... with nice fuzzy feet.
and a nice FAT coiled cord.

dsk

Thanks to Eric, I got my Christmas telephone, a nice Black 500 from 1967.  :D
The phone ended up at my sons room, he really likes it, and its in use regularly.
Why does this come so late? I've been knocked out by a pneumonia for several weeks  :'( , but know is life coming back.

Best regards.

dsk

Dennis Markham

dsk, glad you're back with us and continuing to improve.

dsk

Now its nearly Christmas again, and thanks too Eric, I have got a huge interest for the North American telephones too.

This year, I'm only hoping for a glowing dial to my Starlite.

Thank you all for contributing to this fin forum, I wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Maybe a little bit early but the time is running and I want to be sure to reach you all.

Merry Christmas
dsk

dpaynter1066

Dear Santa,
I hope your not too busy this time of year making toys, coz I really really want a princess touchtone keypad this year. And a K403A music on hold card and a K359b adaptor to plug it into.
Please please please PLEASE PLEASE could I have one?
Greg

Dear Greg,
I'm not busy. All the toys are made by little kids like you in China. Every year I give them a slice of bread as a Christmas bonus.
That whiny begging crap may work with your folks, but that just doesn't
work with me. You're getting an ugly sweater again.
Santa

JorgeAmely

Quote from: dpaynter1066 on December 15, 2011, 05:08:03 PM
Dear Santa,
I hope your not too busy this time of year making toys, coz I really really want a princess touchtone keypad this year. And a K403A music on hold card and a K359b adaptor to plug it into.
Please please please PLEASE PLEASE could I have one?
Greg

Dear Greg,
I'm not busy. All the toys are made by little kids like you in China. Every year I give them a slice of bread as a Christmas bonus.
That whiny begging crap may work with your folks, but that just doesn't
work with me. You're getting an ugly sweater again.
Santa

... and a lump of coal!!!
Jorge

ESalter

DSK - I'm glad I helped you pick up an interest in phones from my part of the globe! :P   ---Eric

gpo706

I'd like Santa to fix up all the busted junk in my room...

Thanks Santa!

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

A Colour laser printer so I can print off better quality dial labels, cos inkjet printed labels look cheap and nasty...  :P

DavePEI

Dear Santa:

Please bring me a few more good years to enjoy my telephones  ;)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

dpaynter1066

Ha Jorge!!  Actually, times being what they are, some coal might definitely come in handy about now.

AE_Collector

Quote from: d_s_k on December 15, 2011, 01:30:00 PM
This year, I'm only hoping for a glowing dial to my Starlite.
Merry Christmas
dsk

Oh yeah....probably not going to make it by Christmas but how about an early 2012 New Years Present?

Quote from: d_s_k on December 15, 2011, 01:30:00 PM
Maybe a little bit early but the time is running and I want to be sure to reach you all.

Well the email runs pretty slow this time of year what with the snow and sleet etc...

Terry