News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Metal Spacesaver Question

Started by poplar1, December 14, 2012, 03:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

How do you mount these? I don't see a bracket or any holes on the back. What is the model number?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

I saw that phone and almost considered bidding on it.  I have a black one which has holes in the back which look like someone drilled and tapped them.

The only guess that I would have about proper mounting would be that there was some sort of bracket which held the phone by the screw on the bottom.

These phones have internal networks.

Larry

wds

That one looks like a model 83.  Model 43 had the older handset.
Dave

AE_Collector

Yes it is an AE 83A. The same phone in black with the older type 41 handset is a 43A.

Removing the big screw on the bottomallows the entire front of the phone to slide off and you can put screws through the back from the inside.

There are knockouts for screws through he front cover as well that allow it to be attached to the edge of a desk and then the phone can be slipped onto the front cover and the big screw tightened down. Occasionally I have seen these on ebaY with the holes punched out in the front cover.

Terry

rdelius

You loosten the large screw on the bottom of the cover and pull the cover off. You might see some holes or holes not drilled out that can be used to mount it. To remove the dial look underneith the lip below the dial  for 2 screws.Just loosten them and you should be able to gently pull the dial out.Watch the wires. You might see additional holes for mounting.  Type 83 sets in color are not too common.