News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1243/1443 stromberg carlson bakelite handsets...

Started by AE40FAN, February 25, 2014, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

There seems to be a difference in sized with the 1243/1443 stromberg carlson bakelite handsets.  I have two handsets and one is slightly larger than the other?  Did they become larger or smaller with the introduction of the 1443?  Anyone else even notice this?

LarryInMichigan

I have several of those handsets, and all of mine look like they are the same size.

Larry

AE40FAN

Photo attached.   I'm cleaning up a 1443 and want to replace handset with a spare I had that it in much better condition (does not have that badly marbleized affect bakelite handsets tend to acquire).   The one I want to use has the tape and is slightly shorter, taller, more curved,and It's lighter.   I wouldn't have thought they would have made the handsets larger for the 1443?

Nick in Manitou

(I intended to respond to this discussion and mistakenly responded to a thread about the years S-C models were made.  What follows is the comment that I intended for this thread.)

I wonder if there is a document that covers the 1443s/1553s etc like there is for the earlier SC phones.  This document shows the model numbers for the handsets and a lot of other specifics.

I have attached a document that I copied from somewhere on the web, but I have not been able to find a similar document for the later models.

G-Man

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on February 25, 2014, 09:44:39 PM
(I intended to respond to this discussion and mistakenly responded to a thread about the years S-C models were made.  What follows is the comment that I intended for this thread.)

I wonder if there is a document that covers the 1443s/1553s etc like there is for the earlier SC phones.  This document shows the model numbers for the handsets and a lot of other specifics.

I have attached a document that I copied from somewhere on the web, but I have not been able to find a similar document for the later models.

The scan you downloaded is from the TCI library and whoever sent it to you tried to disguise it by renaming it "index.pdf" even though it was originally titled "Stromberg Carlson Instruments.pdf."

It is too bad they did not show a minimal of respect by at least, giving credit to the library.

It was scanned from a 1942 Stromberg Carlson catalog which I suspect would cost at least $100.00 if one was forced to purchase it on ebay.

Nick in Manitou

G-Man,

I don't remember where I found the document, "Index.pdf".  If I had re-named it myself I would have given it a more descriptive name for my own use, so I believe that is what it was named when I found it.  I do believe in giving credit where it is due.

I actually went to the TCI library site and tried to find documentation that would further the discussion in this thread and expected to just provide the link to the TCI page.

I have found the TCI site to be very helpful and would certainly give TCI credit if that is where I found information that I was passing on.  TCI deserves credit and support.

Nick