News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What subsets do I need for a WE Space Saver and AE Spacemaker?

Started by Greg G., February 01, 2015, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I'm wanting to put these into use, what are the proper subsets I need for them?  Will a 302 base work for a subset on the WE?

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

tallguy58

Any WE subset will work with the  WE phone. Don't know about the AE.
Cheers........Bill

rdelius

The type 183 AE set does not need a subset.It has a network in it.Just any standard ringer and capacator to match .The AE ext ringer for this set is plastic and about 6X6X2" Might be called a Type 45

stub

Greg,
           Hook up the 183 and start dialing-   L1 red to 15 and L 2 green to 16     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Greg G.

Quote from: tallguy58 on February 01, 2015, 05:19:55 PM
Any WE subset will work with the  WE phone. Don't know about the AE.

Good, that's good to know.  If I want to get picky and be "BSP Correct", is there a particular subset that was used for these?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Greg G.

Quote from: rdelius on February 01, 2015, 05:53:17 PM
The type 183 AE set does not need a subset.It has a network in it.Just any standard ringer and capacator to match .The AE ext ringer for this set is plastic and about 6X6X2" Might be called a Type 45

Revisiting this thread because I'm bringing out some of my wall phones to put up.  I found this link to the GTE Type 33 ringer box: http://tinyurl.com/hn977ex (I'm in the market for one).
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Yes, type 33 ringer is what should be with a 183 assuming that you need a ringer for it. They were made in all AE colors but Beige seems easiest by far to find. Here, BC Tel only used beige 33 ringers and didn't worry about matching colors. I have beige and possibly ivory spares but that is it unless you want to paint one. Your 183 is black so if you want a black 33 ringer I would think they would show up on eBay more frequently than some of the other colors.

As mentioned previously, everything else is built into the "superior" AE 183 SpaceMaker! (Unbiased neutral observation) :)

A beige one on eBay at the moment:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181998477288

Terry

stub

Terry,
            That one on e-bay you showed Greg is a frequency ringer.
            Here's the only black one I've seen in a few years on e-bay .
            I have a pink 183 on it's way for this pink ringer, if the postal service don't break it !! Still looking for that  C ringer and phone !!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Oh didn't notice that. Was just looking for a quick picture of one to post. Was hoping Greg wouldnt buy it at that price though if he wants a beige one.

Is your pink 33 painted? Black one isn't yours, Or is it?

C = Dawn Gray ...i got the best deal on eBay on my Dawn Gray 183 at about $32! Never seen a Gray 33 though but they likely existed. I never bothered trying to get 33's in all colors.

Are you working on all colors of 182's and 33's? How are you progressing? Pictures?

Terry

stub

Terry,
          Both are mine and no paint. A DAWN GRAY for about $32.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW...   stub

Kenneth Stubblefield