News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dropping back by CRPF

Started by savageje, April 12, 2015, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savageje

Hi, everyone -- just dropping back by after a few years absent.  Life got in the way of phone collecting for a while, but I am getting back at it now.  I found myself looking down at the 1953 Model 500 that I keep in service on my desk -- and that prompted me to remember to stop back by the forum.  Glad to see it is still going strong.

Mr. Bones

Glad to see you back again.

I joined after your last post, but I'm always happy to see fellow collectors (re)join the forum here; the more of us, the more info, pics, knowledge, etc. Win-Win Deal!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

Welcome Back! Is that 500 on your desk the Med Blue one you got at the show?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Tonyrotary

Welcome back! I just returned after a couple of years myself!

savageje

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 12, 2015, 09:38:24 PM
Welcome Back! Is that 500 on your desk the Med Blue one you got at the show?

No, it is just a basic black one - but I still have the one you're referring to.  The black one is kind of special to me because it was one of my first finds in soft plastic. It is a "daily user" for me.  I use it for business purposes in my home office. It beats the pants off of the audio quality I can get out of my cell phone. 

savageje

Quote from: Tonyrotary on April 12, 2015, 09:41:53 PM
Welcome back! I just returned after a couple of years myself!
Glad to know I'm not the only one that went AWOL.  I am excited to have a bit more free time to spend on this hobby/obsession.  Time to start scouring the countryside for phone finds again. :-)

WEBellSystemChristian

Yay, this feels like a Class Reunion, and I wasn't even around to know you guys during the dawn of the Forum! ;D

Despite my lack of experience here (2 years is on the brink of experience, but not yet) I have read everything on this forum. I know every popular member ever to set foot here, although they don't know me. I know I already said this, but I want to make it clear, so I don't creep people out when they decide to re-visit! :o

While we are on the subject of inactive members; Stub (if you happen to read this), what ever happened to Kenny? He hasn't been around since even before I joined! ???
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

It just goes to prove that Phoneitis is a real problem, once you have it, you'll always have relapses no matter how hard you try... ;D

Tonyrotary

QuoteIt just goes to prove that Phoneitis is a real problem, once you have it, you'll always have relapses no matter how hard you try... ;D

LOL!!

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 13, 2015, 05:14:46 AM
It just goes to prove that Phoneitis is a real problem, once you have it, you'll always have relapses no matter how hard you try... ;D
At least I don't see anyone complaining about the relapses! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford