News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello everyone!

Started by dc4code, April 08, 2018, 12:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

Hello everyone! this is my first post on this forums! I plan on using this forums a lot to share and learn information about old rotary phones & switching systems. I also will talk a lot about VoIP technologies and equipment. I made a list with about 20 models of VoIP ATAs that support rotary dialing and can ring a rotary phone correctly! so stay posted for that! just have to make some finally changes to the list and it will be ready!

Finally I would like to thank the owner of this forum community for accepting my application!

Thanks and I plan to post some hopefully useful posts very soon!

-Dylan Cruz

HarrySmith

Welcome Dylan! We look forward to your contributions. I, for one, am completely ignorant about VOIP. Mostly by choice but one day soon I am guessing I will not have a choice so I will be learning.
You have found the best forum on the net, lots of great guys here with tons of knowledge and experience. My usual warning to new members about Phoneitis does not seem to be needed here, you appear to be deep in the addiction already!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Welcome to CRPF Dylan.

Fabius

Welcome! Looking forward to your postings. Do you work in the telecom field?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Key2871

Welcome, Dylan. Good to have you here.
KEN

Haf

Welcome to the forum!
As we don't have any landlines any more in Germany I had to familiarize myself with VoIP. Well...it works somehow ;) Looking forward to learn more about.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Fushigi Ojisan

I'm also new here and figured I would piggyback on this thread

Basically I have come to learn the ways of tenite restoration for my other hobby; well, more to the point, find a tenite guru here who can do restoration work for me.

But I also happen to appreciate vintage paystations and want expand my collection a bit in that area.   

Somehow I missed the Off-topic section, I will probably post a lot here.

-------

As an aside, I'm an anime fan and do volunteer work for one of the largest anime conventions in the U.S.  I can be a sherpa/go-to guy for all things anime and even a bit of manga.

Fushigi Ojisan
Otaku with interesting hobbies

FABphones

Welcome Dylan and Fushigi

Quote from: Fushigi Ojisan on April 08, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

-------

As an aside, I'm an anime fan and do volunteer work for one of the largest anime conventions in the U.S.  I can be a sherpa/go-to guy for all things anime and even a bit of manga.

Hey and yay! We have that in common.   :) :) :)

Checkout Ludavie (memes) on youtube. It's not me, but a very keen animator just starting out. Any tips on how to get more subs etc - and to help up their confidence would be most welcome. Ludavie puts a lot of work into the tweens but doesn't know how to get more views to their work.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Fushigi Ojisan

Quote from: FabPhones on April 08, 2018, 11:56:13 AM
Welcome Dylan and Fushigi

Hey and yay! We have that in common.   :) :) :)

Checkout Ludavie (memes) on youtube. It's not me, but a very keen animator just starting out. Any tips on how to get more subs etc - and to help up their confidence would be most welcome. Ludavie puts a lot of work into the tweens but doesn't know how to get more views to their work.

I'm more on the consumer end of things, through I have met a lot of people in the anime industry (both in Japan and US).   

That being said, track down a series called "Shirobako" which is literally an anime about making anime.   

If you are into the nuts-and-bolts/behind the scenes of animation, its actually a pretty cool show.  Given what I know, its a composite of various "war stories" various veterans tell each other.    Everyone else will be bored out of their minds.   
Fushigi Ojisan

Fushigi Ojisan

Fushigi Ojisan

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

dc4code

I do work in the telecom industry I own a small company where I install landline service in houses for cheap using ATAs and Google Voice.

Pourme

Welcome to the forum...The more the merrier!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Key2871

Welcome, and welcome. Good to have you here, welcome to the obsession!
KEN

dc4code

Just to let people know my new forum screen name is now "dylanc4".