ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Owain

Quote from: gpo706 on August 10, 2011, 01:12:36 AM

PS the 60 key dialler didn't arrive, lost in the post,

That's a shame, hope you get a replacement.

You could label any unused buttons with exotic locations (Paris, Milan, New York, Peckham, Dar Es Salaam) for the true 'international capitalist' touch

If I ever get a 10' wide desk I shall be able to have a line up of my Tyne and Trent autodiallers, Ambassador, Ambassador ESS phones and Pentara terminals; buy myself a bottle of Bolly and some wide stripey braces and I'm back in the eighties.

gpo706

Owain, you need to get to Ikea and get that desk, then send us the pics.

The dearest item will probably be the braces...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

All's well that ends well...

Owain, I have had two parcels from two different sellers not appear this last month, the first seller sent a replacement immediately, the second item the autodialler seemed lost.

Then seller one said they had it returned to them as "unclaimed" at the delivery office, then the autodialler was returned to the seller same explanation, after they had refunded me on paypal.

Now, Postman Pat was having an "off" day or ran out of cards as we received nothing through the letterbox.

So the seller of the Auto dialler is re-sending it this time recorded delivery for a small fee.

PS love your idea of all those exotic numbers on the labels...

And I think I will label some through the PBX extensions, like 23 "KREMLIN", 24 "OVAL OFFICE" , 25 "COBRA", 26 "M15", 27 "LIVING ROOM", 28 "R. MURDOCH", 29 "PROCTOLOGIST" etc...

Owain

Quote from: dominic on July 10, 2011, 03:01:30 PM
GPO706, I came across this post on a long search......when I saw it I truly knew the meaning of "gutted." I've had the Panasonic 1516BE for, I suppose, decades. The idea that you found a brand new one is wondrous to contemplate. I love the thing, but it's starting to do some truly weird stuff. And it is my daily-use answering machine.

dominic

There's a 1516E up on Ebay now, lightly used in original box but missing power adapter (which presumably you have)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-PANASONIC-KX-T1455-AUTO-LOGIC-TELEPHONE-ANSWERING-SYSTEM-VGC-BOX-/110745464194?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Telephony_SM&hash=item19c8f1ad82

Owain

Quote from: Owain on August 12, 2011, 05:10:25 AM
If I ever get a 10' wide desk I shall be able to have a line up of my Tyne and Trent autodiallers, Ambassador, Ambassador ESS phones and Pentara terminals; buy myself a bottle of Bolly and some wide stripey braces and I'm back in the eighties.

I haven't got a 10' wide desk but I've cleaned up a couple of Ambassadors and Pentara terminals.

gpo706