News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another '36 (correction: '37) 302 on eBay

Started by Tim Mc, April 11, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Mc

I bid on this '36 302, but didn't get it.  It went for $292.  I was hoping to get the seamless F1:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182078924998

Did anyone here manage to get it?

~Tim

TelePlay

How did you determine the date? I can't make it out on the one inside picture.

Seller description:  "This is dial desk phone, manufactured for the Bell System by Western Electric. It is in good cosmetic condition. It has not been tested, but everything mechanical seems to be working as specified. It has the original fabric covered cord between the body and the handset"

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 11, 2016, 08:48:13 PM
I see 2 dates on it, both 37.

Yeah, the base looked like 7-37 and the coil maybe II-37. But too fuzzy to say for certain.

Tim Mc

Sorry gang, I meant to say it was another '37.  My mistake.  ~Tim

Ktownphoneco

Not necessarily a better picture, but the dates are a little easier to read.            ...  Jeff Lamb

unbeldi

I don't recall having seen a 61L filter installed into a 302.
The 61P filter was specifically designed for the 302, I think.

I don't think a 61O filter existed that would taken the place between 61N and 61P. [not really terribly relevant, I suppose, except if one expects the 61L to be a 61N plus contact screw, which it seems to be.]

PS:  BSP 501-170-200 i1 6010,  61-Type Filters; Installation and Maintenance
Ok, this BSP does show the use of the 61L in 300-type Telephone Sets.  And from the drawing that appears to apply to the metal housings.  So, the 61P must have been designed for the plastic housings, although that is not discernible form those drawings.