News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1957 Soft Plastic Mediterranean Blue 500

Started by TelePlay, May 05, 2013, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Anyone win this phone? $393 including shipping. Interesting competition with 14 bidders and only 15 bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221220146869

Stated defect was a cracked finger wheel.

liteamorn

I tried but was outbid , my max wasn't even close.

AE40FAN

I bid too...just seems to be going higher and higher for these phones!  I better start hitting flea markets and garage sales....

MagicMo

Practice Kindness :)

zaphod01

I bid, too. Pictures showed a 3-57 date on the base.

Wasn't this actually a 1957?

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

MagicMo

Yes, it was a 1957. She made a typo when listing it.

WesternElectricBen

Wish I could have snatched it up, thats my dads birth year/month...

MagicMo

I changed the finger wheel and lightly cleaned it with dish soap. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! It is Mediterranean Blue correct??
Thanks,
Mo

WesternElectricBen

Yes your right it's Mediterranean blue, I would think your dad might have had some!

MagicMo

The inside date:

liteamorn

HEY, you said you bid on it, YOU DIDN'T SAY YOU WON IT !!!! CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful phone!

MagicMo

Quote from: liteamorn on May 09, 2013, 01:29:14 PM
HEY, you said you bid on it, YOU DIDN'T SAY YOU WON IT !!!! CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful phone!

Thanks. I was a little embarrassed to admit to it. I'm trying to get rid of phones and here I am spending big bucks on one phone from Ebay. I am trying to get one 500 in every color and now I'm much closer to my goal. It sure is pretty. I'm going to try and stay off of Ebay for at least a couple months. Do you know if they have Ebay rehab?
My Ebay feedback should really read something like this: POSITIVE: Plain brown packaging seemed to fool my husband. Thanks!

;)Mo

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on May 09, 2013, 02:26:49 PM
POSITIVE: Plain brown packaging seemed to fool my husband. Thanks!
Just as long as it doesn't ring while you unwrap it   ;)

That is one beautiful phone, Maureen. Sadly, once hooked on phones, you are a phone addict for life!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE40FAN

Congratulations Maureen!  I'm happy it went to an active member of the forum but, I can't say that I'm not a little jealous;-)  I'd suggest polishing it up with some sort of plastic polish (novus) shine that baby up!  Hopefully, one day I'll have one of these in my possession...

HarrySmith

WOW! Here we have a textbook case of phoneitis ::)

This was back in November:
"I just began looking, I have boxes and boxes of parts and phones. I have a box full of brand new princess phones never taken from their box, tools, tool boxes, tool belts, hard hats, switchboard, bell luggage, testers, early mobile phones etc etc. It's crazy! He didn't get rid of anything. It's all gonna be sold. I just have to haul it all down from the attic. I am guessing about 40 boxes."

Now Mo is buying phones to get one in every color ;D

Mo, are you trying to get all the soft 500's in the 16 original colors or evey 500 color ever made, soft, hard, modular, hardwire and the variants?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"