News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

500 not ringing. Need help

Started by MagicMo, July 06, 2013, 11:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi, I sold a 1971 500 and seller emailed me that it will not ring. I tested it before I sent it and it rang loudly. Any suggestions on an easy fix?
This is part of the email:
"it appears the loudness dial works. The gong is not stuck or frozen in place, but is absolutely immobile when a call comes in. Suggestions? I hope it is not a wiring issue."

Ebay Item no is 300925102579.
Practice Kindness :)

TelePlay

Ask the buyer what the line cord is being plugged into. The problem might be on the buyer's end.

Also, how do they know when a call is coming in?

And, does the buyer get a dial tone and can they dial out?

poplar1

Quote from: MagicMo on July 06, 2013, 11:45:28 AM
Hi, I sold a 1971 500 and seller emailed me that it will not ring. I tested it before I sent it and it rang loudly. Any suggestions on an easy fix?
This is part of the email:
"it appears the loudness dial works. The gong is not stuck or frozen in place, but is absolutely immobile when a call comes in. Suggestions? I hope it is not a wiring issue."

Ebay Item no is 300925102579.

How many other phones does he have ringing on the line? If this is a real telephone line (landline), he should be able to have 5 phones ringing, maybe more. If it is VOIP, probably fewer.

Also, it might be a good idea to put the biasing spring in the low notch.

I see there are no wires on G so I guess you have already moved the black ringer wire from G to L1.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Yea, when we have multiple phones ringing some are very quite. Tell them to unplug all but the one phone..

Ben

MagicMo

I will relay the info to the buyer, who loves their new phone! We just want to figure out the ringing issue.
Thanks for the info.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)