News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Catching up with the back log

Started by JorgeAmely, May 16, 2010, 08:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

During the last couple of weeks I have been working on this WE500 in red with smooth gray cords. While taking pictures I noticed that the finger wheel has a small crack.

Well, they are not perfect.  :(
Jorge

Jester

Very nice!!  I'm looking for more with straight gray handset cords, too.  I've had to settle for more gray curly cords, but it hasn't been that hard.  To settle, that is.  Getting the cords can sometimes be a battle.
Stephen

Dan/Panther

Jorge;
Another classic job well done.
How come all of my red phones look maroon ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

D/P:

These pictures were taken past 5PM when the sun is down a lot. No flash fill in. I just put the camera in macro mode.

Stephen:

These cords are kind of rare to find. Maybe in Michigan where all the good phones are.
Jorge

JorgeAmely

I forgot to say that it is my birthday phone.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Jorge:

If I'm ever driving around and happen to see a little patio wall like the one that your phones like to sit on when they are outside....I'm going to hide behind it hoping I get the opportunity to kidnap some "better than like new" material for my collection!

Terry

McHeath

Since it's got a cracked fingerwheel you might as well toss it.  Just throw it, gently, into the nearest dumpster, but not before you give me the exact location of said dumpster and time of disposal.   ;)

Another fabulous phone!  Indeed it is RED, not maroon, which I seem to see a lot more of. 

JorgeAmely

Terry:

You already know where I live. Remember the Dawn Gray AE80?
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 16, 2010, 11:21:06 PM
Terry:

You already know where I live. Remember the Dawn Gray AE80?

Yes I remember the Dawn Gray 80...I have one here that looks close to half as nice as yours. I think I might have made a mistake when picking the best of the two for my collection and sending you the other.

Since I screwed up I'll pay the postage both ways and that will straighten things out so that I'll have the one I intended on keeping all along, the better one one of the two!

Terry

JorgeAmely

Terry:

You have to sweeten the offer more. Can the box hold the faded gray and a nice soft plastic AE80?

;D ;D ;D

Jorge

JorgeAmely

Quote from: McHeath on May 16, 2010, 11:16:12 PM
Since it's got a cracked fingerwheel you might as well toss it.  Just throw it, gently, into the nearest dumpster, but not before you give me the exact location of said dumpster and time of disposal.   ;)

Another fabulous phone!  Indeed it is RED, not maroon, which I seem to see a lot more of. 

You don't have to go through all that trouble. Stop by any time. I'll buy some beer and you can bring something to trade.
Jorge

Jester

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 16, 2010, 11:02:24 PM

I envy you guys that have something like this red one to call a birthday phone.  When I was born(11/66), the only features left that were similar were hardwired cords, G-3 handsets & 425B networks(or were they 425E by then).  Of course, the G-3 would change in another year or two(Bell System Property...), & I read here somewhere that modular cords/jacks appeared in 1972?  That seems a little early to me, but I imagine it didn't happen overnight.
Stephen

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jester on May 17, 2010, 12:29:29 AM
Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 16, 2010, 11:02:24 PM

I envy you guys that have something like this red one to call a birthday phone.  When I was born(11/66), the only features left that were similar were hardwired cords, G-3 handsets & 425B networks(or were they 425E by then).  Of course, the G-3 would change in another year or two(Bell System Property...), & I read here somewhere that modular cords/jacks appeared in 1972?  That seems a little early to me, but I imagine it didn't happen overnight.

Jester,
You also have the option of a 1500 or trimline Birthday phone.
11/66 is early enought to be challenging to find, and early in the design on both sets.
Just a point to cheer you up.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.