News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 54 - 1958 WE U500 in Pink

Started by bingster, August 26, 2010, 02:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

i want a black one (realy any color) anyone know where i could buy one besides e-bay?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

I got one from my Aunt and one from a flea-antique show.

Kenny, I am going to the Cincinnati phone show this Saturday. Private message me your price range and phone (or cell) and color priorities , such as Black>Blue>Green> pink. If I find one in your range, I'll text you or call you.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

You can also post that you want one on one of the club yahoo lists.  If anybody has one they'll let go, they'll let you know.
= DARRIN =

Kenny C

652 and some change it went up 152 dollars in like 10 seconds
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

So by my reckoning, that makes HarrySmith the winner of this week's auction contest!  Congratulations Harry!

Anybody on the forum get this gem?
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Congrads Harry! 

I would like to say it's on the way to me, but alas and alack.  ;)

AE_Collector

HarrySmith

I thought if I win the contest I get the phone :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

Oh you do Harry, you can print out a picture of it and place it right there on your desk. ;) ;) ;)

bingster

You'll have to make a "brrrrrrriiiinggg brrrrriiiinnnnggg" sound when you want it to ring, though. ;)
= DARRIN =

Adam

My first post!  Hello everyone!

(311) 555-2368 was also the number printed on number cards in Non-Functional demo phones made by Western Electric and distributed by the Bell System.  I have a Princess non-functional demo phone and it's number card looks EXACTLY like that, including the font used for the phone number.

I'm not saying the 500U phone was a non-working demo, but it may have been some kind of sales demo phone or used in some other official Bell System capacity.

-Dave Haber
Massapequa Telephone
C*NET 1-798-7619
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Phonesrfun

Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy it here.  I have read a lot of your posts in the other forums, and I am on C*Net too.

-Bill G

HarrySmith

Hey Dave, welcome ;D
Good to see you here!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"