News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 14 - DeVeau Candlestick Intercom

Started by bingster, December 05, 2008, 01:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Welcome to the next auction!  This time around we have a rather ancient looking DeVeau intercom.  We're joining the auction in the middle, so the price so far is fairly high.  I have a feeling this is going to go much higher, so I think it makes for a perfect auction candidate.

Where will it stop?  Let us know before the auction's final day, and you may be the contest winner!

S C O R E B O A R D
$510.00 - mienaichizu (-35)
Sold for $545.00
$650.00 - Mark Stevens (Over)
$825.00 - bingster (Over)
$888.88 - DanĀ²  (Over)
$1160.00 - Dan/Panther (Over)
$1256.76 - Bill Cahill (Over)
$1300.00 - sargeguy (Over)
$1400.86 - McHeath (Over)
$2147.00 - Dennis Markham (Over)
= DARRIN =

McHeath

I'll bid $1400.86.  I wish I had a phone that had "Maid" "Butler" and "Pantry" buttons on it.  Oh wait, I would need a maid, butler and pantry first! 

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Bill Cahill

1256.76 would be my guess.
Oh, my.. My maid quit this morning.  ??? :( :D :)
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

Back in my school days I had an instructor that allowed us to use one WAG while taking an exam for which no points would be deducted for a wrong answer.  It means Wild-A--ed Guess.........

Since I have no clue as to the value of this telephone or its originality, my WAG is

$2,147

Dennis   ;D

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Mark Stevens

Bill Cahill

Dang!!
I can't believe it!
It sold for only 545.00!!!!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

Congratulations mienaichizu for your winning guess.  I didn't even try on this one, just didn't know anything about it.

bingster

Excellent guess, mienaichizu!  And another surprising result. He had a similar phone that was around $1500 for most of the week. 
= DARRIN =

mienaichizu

whoa thanks, how I wish if I really have that phone

McHeath

You mean we don't actually get the phone?!?!?   No wonder I've been waiting in vain by the mailbox! 

Dan/Panther

McHeath;
They sent it to me by mistake, and I'm keeping it.
Tough luck again my friend...
Regards;
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson