News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Monophone

Started by the phone house, December 23, 2013, 05:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the phone house

Have a couple of Monophones I'm working on, need information, would like to find new rubber for grommet between base and housing. Ball park figure for value as they sit? Age? One not marked at all on bottom, worn off.....
Steve @ The Phone House

Contempra

May be i'm a stupid guy but can you tell me what's the difference between a " monophone " and the normal telephone ?? light up my light ;) i'm an ignorant for that. sorry

poplar1

Monophone was Automatic Electric's name for telephones with the transmitter and receiver combined on one piece, or "handset," ou "combiné."
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Quote from: poplar1 on December 23, 2013, 09:08:08 PM
Monophone was Automatic Electric's name for telephones with the transmitter and receiver combined on one piece, or "handset," ou "combiné."

okay David now i'm gonna sleep less stupid ;)

AE_Collector

And AE used the term MonoPhone right from the 1A sets in 1926 up through the early AE 80's in the mid to late 1950's.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Contempra on December 23, 2013, 09:02:32 PM
May be i'm a stupid guy but can you tell me what's the difference between a " monophone " and the normal telephone ?? light up my light ;) i'm an ignorant for that. sorry
I don't think that is a stupid question, I didn't know either.

Ben

the phone house

Thanks for the replies and info, where do I find date stamps on my phones?
Steve @ The Phone House

AE_Collector

Generally...you won't. A few military versions were dated but beyond that it was a little while after the introduction of the AE 80 and 90 before they started dating the phone and still not the parts individually.

Did anyone help you with a new rubber base gasket yet? Gary Goff has new reproductions for around $10 each.

Terry

Contempra

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 24, 2013, 10:31:34 AM
Quote from: Contempra on December 23, 2013, 09:02:32 PM
I don't think that is a stupid question, I didn't know either.

Ben

well, as i'm a newbie on this hobby, my knowledge begin ...so we are two now Ben :D thank you for your mind .

the phone house

Steve @ The Phone House