News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo Color 500s - Recent Auction Prices

Started by poplar1, July 03, 2014, 10:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

RE: reply #48 the yellow phone with the "burn" mark on the handset.
That stain probably came from a hearing amplifier that strapped around the earpiece. My dad had one, the mark is most likely from the elastic band that held the amp on.
Howard

poplar1

This wasn't even a buy it now. Mediterranean Blue 500 sold at auction for only $82 yesterday. However, it is not showing up in my "Didn't win." -- I bid $81.

What is going on with Ebay? First, my bids sometimes don't show up, even when I click on "show hidden bids." Second, when I try to ship something by USPS Ground Advantage, anything from 12 ounces to 20 lbs. shows "$6.09" when I print the label on Ebay.
The shipping shown in my listing is also "$6.09."

EDIT: It is showing up now.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/364735263735
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

tubaman

Quote from: poplar1 on February 22, 2024, 10:00:34 PM..." Second, when I try to ship something by USPS Ground Advantage, anything from 12 ounces to 20 lbs. shows "$6.09" when I print the label on Ebay.
The shipping shown in my listing is also "$6.09."

I'm clearly missing something here as that sounds like it's doing what it should???

poplar1

Quote from: tubaman on February 23, 2024, 03:03:32 AMI'm clearly missing something here as that sounds like it's doing what it should???

A 1 pound package should not cost the  same price  to ship as a 20 pound package.

poplar1

Ebay label prices for USPS are supposedly based on the commercial rates.

Kellogg Kitt

I tried it in eBay's shipping calculator using your weights and got similar results; the price remained the same, even with increased weight.  BUT, when I increased the package size, then the rate increased with weight.

I suspect that either eBay is having a system problem, or perhaps USPS has changed the rate structure so that the weight is less important on smaller package sizes.

The bad thing is, as you probably know, if the eBay rate is wrong, USPS will backbill for the underpayment, which will get charged to the seller's account.

Wade

Kellogg Kitt

I think I might have found our answer.

========================================
Great news! Cubic services are now available for USPS Ground Advantage and Priority Mail effective January 21, 2024.

Smart Ship Tip: Cubic pricing is based on the size of the package instead of the weight; this means it's even more important to include accurate weights and dimensions for your package so that eBay Labels can display the lowest rate for you.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2024-USPS-Rate-Changes/ba-p/34236252

How can I receive USPS cubic rates for my eBay shipments?
Simply enter accurate weight and dimensions for your package when printing your eBay shipping labels. eBay will automatically offer the best rate, and apply cubic pricing for Priority Mail and Ground Advantage if the cubic rate is better than non-cubic rates.

How will I know whether I was charged cubic pricing or non-cubic pricing for my shipping label?
If you were charged for cubic pricing, you will see the cubic price tier above the USPS zone indicated on the top section of the label—remember, you will be charged the lower of cubic or non-cubic pricing for packages that qualify for cubic pricing.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/usps-and-ebay-labels#faqs

BUT, I did a few quick checks on USPS website.  It does not ask for the dimensions on small (no side longer than 12") packages, but the rate most certainly does increase with weight.  Probably eBay gets the cubic rate, but individual retail consumers do not.

Wade