News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting Article on Henry Dreyfuss

Started by HobieSport, December 22, 2009, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

I was just reading some of the "Singing Wires" online newsletters and came across the attached interesting article on Henry Dreyfuss. Great picture of him on the cover of Forbes Magazine, too.

-Matt
-Matt

AET

Quote from: HobieSport on December 22, 2009, 09:40:55 PM
I was just reading some of the "Singing Wires" online newsletters and came across the attached interesting article on Henry Dreyfuss. Great picture of him on the cover of Forbes Magazine, too.

-Matt

Sorry, a bit off topic, but I was doing some phone research the other day and my sister was asking me about it.  And I said I was researching phones and about Henry Dreyfuss, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.

So anyways, later on Richard Dreyfuss was on TV, and she asked "Isn't that the guy who designed those phones?" and I just laughed!
- Tom

jiggerman

Dan/Panther

Tell her No! That was his Brother, you know the one that said; "we are going to need a bigger phone..."
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
"we are going to need a bigger phone..."

:D Actually, when I was doing searches on Ebay for "Henry Dreyfuss" I had to do advanced searches that blocked the words "Richard" "Jaws" and "Close Encounters", and also "Crosley", the company who makes those repro phones and always advertises them on Ebay as "Dreyfuss" phones. >:( ;)

By the way, that article is a really good general intro to Dryfuss and his work, plus it has some interesting info on how Dreyfuss approached the designs of the 302s and 500s. 8)
-Matt

AET

Don't forget my favorite movie with Richard in it.  American Graffiti!!!
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: AtomicEraTom
Don't forget my favorite movie with Richard in it.  American Graffiti!!!

How could I forget? Great movie! Hmm. I might just have to watch it again with a fresh eye for classic phones... ;)
-Matt

Greg G.

Actually it was Roy Scheider who uttered the line "You're going to need a bigger boat". 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

foots

Speaking of Henry, I found this in my pictures. I think that's someone's holy grail sitting on that table.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

Yep. That's a great picture. Here's the source:

http://tinyurl.com/Henry-Dreyfuss-WE-500

Can I have that phone for Xmas? Pretty please? ;)
-Matt