News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - January 2014

Started by AE_Collector, January 01, 2014, 11:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - January 2014   (ONE VOTE EACH)

Argee's Ivory and Green 302's for $20 each from an Antique Dealer
12 (40%)
LM Ericsson's 1957 WECo Soft Plastic 500 in Light Gray $40 from antique store
4 (13.3%)
Kleinkalibur's WECo pink ten button 1554 for $50 buy it now on Ebay
2 (6.7%)
RickGTE's Digipulse Kangaroo Phone from the Long Beach Flea market for $20
2 (6.7%)
Mr. Bones AECo 1A Monophone housing for free from WesternElectricBen
1 (3.3%)
Poplar1's July, 1937 field trial 302 I found at the Maitland Phone Show for $150
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" for January 2014 here.

A "Find of the Month" is an item that you acquired within the last month or so that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entries to one Phone item OR One "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find for next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

WesternElectricBen

AE Collecter,

I think you need to change what you wrote from Post your "Find of the Month" for December 2013 here." to Jan. 2014, like you said in the title. And also the link to John's photobucket does not seem to be operational. EDIT:  Link has been fixed

I don't mean to scrutinize, but just for you information.

Ben

Contempra

WEBellSystemChristian

I love looking at the FOTM winner pictures. It just keeps me wondering, " What will those crazy forum members find next?" ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

The link to the library of the last 4 years of the contest now works. You can click on it in the first post above or --> HERE <--

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate the 2 colored 302's found by Argee at an antique dealer who was moving out of state for $20 each. Will need to see more pictures of these, when you get them open and before and after they are cleaned up, at the original topic listing -

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10893.0

Quite a deal and no shipping charges.

LM Ericsson

I would like to nominate my 1957 Western Electric Soft Plastic 500 in Light Gray purchased for only $40 at the antique store.
Regards,
-Grayson

Argee

thanks for the nomination.  I've added interior pictures of the 302s in the original topic.

Contempra

@LM Ericsson . Depending at what angle the phone is, it seems very light blue on one picture. i've never seen a grey or light grey one..it's a nice one anyway.

kleinkaliber

I'd like to nominate my pink ten button 1554. $50 buy it now on Ebay.

Contempra

Quote from: kleinkaliber on January 18, 2014, 01:01:20 PM
I'd like to nominate my pink ten button 1554. $50 buy it now on Ebay.

Nice one Kleinkaliber :)

GTE Rick

Found this Digipulse Kangaroo Phone at the Long Beach Flea market for $20.  The phone needs some cleaning but the pouch is in excellent condition!
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

Matilo Telephones

Nice find. But please shave your legs before you start to do modelling work with your phones. ;D
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

DavePEI

Quote from: RickGTE on January 19, 2014, 05:42:57 PM
Found this Digipulse Kangaroo Phone at the Long Beach Flea market for $20.  The phone needs some cleaning but the pouch is in excellent condition!
Never found a Kangaroo phone here, but I do have an orange Doodle phone (same as Kangaroo minus pouch). For some reason the Kangaroo version seems to be very hard to find around here. Nice one!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on January 19, 2014, 05:50:56 PM
Nice find. But please shave your legs before you start to do modelling work with your phones. ;D

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e