News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Toshiba Strata DK280

Started by DavePEI, September 14, 2015, 10:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Another System I have in the Museum for demonstrations is a Toshiba Strata DK280.

This is a Toshiba DK280 Digital KSU, phones, and an Octel 200 Message server picked up for the museum a few years ago.

The KSU (top) is equipped 8 loop lines, 16 digital phones, 16 analog phones and 8 dtmf receivers. The CPU is a large system processor, release 3 or 4 and it has a PIOU card for admin, smdr and paging. The Octel 200 is a very capable scaleable voicemail and fax server which was used with this machine in its original installation in a downtown Charlottetown office.

Along with the system came 14 phones designed for use with the system for display, two of which are shown atop the KSU, Toshiba proprietary DKT-2020SDs and DKT-2010SDs. It will also operate with standard TT phones.

Our thanks goes out to Kevin Doyle and Sun Life for donating this system. The system would be about ten years old. It had been removed from service when a new system was installed, and was taking up space in their offices. They were pleased to know it would be of some use, and I was glad to see it kept out of the dump!

I dug up its documentation on-line and set it up with little difficulty.

This system has been set up in the museum entrance-way for demonstration. I have three sets installed, and box of them in storage.

I must say, I have had this system running out there for at least 7 years now, year round, in heat and in cold,  and have never had to do anything with it. It seems to be very reliable.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001