News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - July 2016

Started by AE_Collector, June 29, 2016, 11:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - July 2016   ** 2 votes each **

oldguy's Panasonic KX-T61630 616/308 programming phone on eBay for $15.00 plus $11.14 shipping
4 (12.5%)
WEBellSystemChristian's 1937 WE 302 with small plungers, short ears, vents, and riveted feet for $60 at a flea market
15 (46.9%)
tipnring's AE 90M party line wall phone with a hooklatch for free from its last use homeowner
3 (9.4%)
Gary Millam's WE Dark Grey 500 on eBay for a BIN price of $49.00 with free shipping
19 (59.4%)
Autonut's British GPO 332L for free from a relative
8 (25%)
dsk's I 37 WE D1 stamped B-7 with AE 29 Dial and E1 Handset for $63 from an antique store
4 (12.5%)
Fabius' Post WWII era Japanese Type 4 desk set on eBay for $30 plus $9.50 shipping
2 (6.3%)
Sargeguy's N.E.T. & T. Co. almost NOS Number Stamp for $14.99 plus $3.99 shipping
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

oldguy

I got a really nice KX-T61630 programming phone on eBay for $15.00 Plus $11.14 shipping. No yellowing, works great I know it's not classic or rotary but hard to find & in great condition. The only drawback is I discovered My KX-T61630 can't be paogrammed, no voltage on data terminals at EXT. 11.
Gary

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my 1937 302, including all of the important features (small plungers, short ears, vents, and riveted feet) plus original dial blank, for $60 at a flea market!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16418.0
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

tipnring

I recently retired from the phone industry but this is my last phone I picked up from a customer who no longer used it. It is a AE 90M with a hooklatch (you can see it below the handset cradle in the pictures). Any type 90M telephone used for a party line could be equipped with a hooklatch. The party line user lifted the handset and listened to determine the line was not being used, then pushed the hooklatch to receive dial tone. These are probably not real rare but it was the first one I have seen.

Gary Millam

I would like to nominate my most recent purchase of a WE Dark Grey 500 for Find Of The Month for July. I found it on Ebay as a "Buy It Now" for $49.00 with free shipping. The seller had listed it as a Green 500 but after viewing the photos I realized it was Grey and not Green. It is in really nice condition with the only issue being a small break in the outer cover of the handset cord. All dates match to 4-56 through out the telephone. The original post on Ebay is included as are a couple of photos after I cleaned it up a bit.

http://r.ebay.com/7dVurg

Gary

Kenton K

oldguy

I saw that one & thought it looked gray but figured it was a problem with the picture color. I'm glad somebody here got it.
Gary

I'll throw my GPO 332L into the contest.

My brother in law gave it to me for my collection. It had been in his family home since 1965. It is my first British Telephone.

Cost: Free
Shipping: Wife's plane ticket to visit her sister.
Value: Priceless to me.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16484.0

I think I'm going to have to do some dusting by the looks of that last picture.  :o

dsk

Hi, I got this one on a holiday trip $63.
What have i actually got?
The base is marked D1 USA, and stamped inside with red ink: I 37 and in the metal B-7.
The dial is marked 29  and CB with red ink, and the metal is stamped A.E.Co type 24
The hooksw. has 2 N.O. (on hook) contacts.
The handset  is E1
Pictures of the diagram, and phone:

dsk

PS More here: http://tinyurl.com/j76c4q9
DS

TelePlay

Five days left in July so last call for nominations.

There are 6 nominations so far. If anyone has a great find or if someone knows of a great find posted by another member and they would like to enter it and have forgotten how fast this month has gone by, now's the time.

Terry is on Holiday so I will post the poll late Sunday (7/31) night.

jsowers

Quote from: Fabius on July 30, 2016, 11:08:33 PM
I nominate my Western Electric soft plastic 1957 500 set. In excellent condition. No fading of the pink. Cords, handset and shell have the same pink color. Bought on eBay for $29.99 plus shipping. Not the rarest color but the nicest pink 500 with matching dates (12 - 57) I've seen. Shell marked C 65 and 8D

http://tinyurl.com/gqj9nou

Just for accuracy's sake, C 65 on the housing means this phone was refurbished in 1965 with a hard plastic housing and handset and the cords were replaced at that time. That's why they're not faded. So matching dates--sadly, no. It still looks great.
Jonathan

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

poplar1

I thought the handset cords with tapered grommet were 1968 or later. What are the dates on the strain reliefs of the cords? Long handset cord for desk phone would have been added in the field. Wall phone could be ordered with long cord already installed (554F).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Fabius

I will check. I have removed the pink 500 since the shell was replaced with a later one.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Substitute nomination  ;D. Post WWII era Japanese Type 4 desk set in bright shiny excellent condition. . Shell is marked with the trademark below, which may be the mark of the Iwatsu company. The handset is marked NEC (Nippon Electric Company). Bought on eBay for $30 plus $9.50 shipping
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905