News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - May 2017

Started by AE_Collector, February 28, 2017, 12:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - May 2017  ***VOTE FOR 3***

Fabius' AT&T 12 unit coaxial cable Lucite paperweight. No price disclosed...
5 (17.2%)
shadow67's rotary trimline found at an antique store for $6
4 (13.8%)
markosjal's Decorator era dial wood wall phone. $9.99 USD plus $15.00 Shipping
2 (6.9%)
Autonut's Northern Electric Chime Tapper for $10 Cdn ($7.50 US) on Kijiji
7 (24.1%)
Gary Millam's WE blue 302 found on ETSY For $65.00 plus $10.40 for shipping
24 (82.8%)
Sargeguy's instant collection of Telephone related Uniform Buttons $60 incl. shipping
13 (44.8%)
Vern P's early Princess Phone 3-60 & 12-62 dates. $10 at a Phone Show
5 (17.2%)
NikeTelephone's NE 2565 in white with extra exclusion switch. Garage sale find $25
4 (13.8%)
dsk's LME cast iron (?) Railroad Telephone picked up for free.
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

dsk

Now I have 2 after pictures too.

Next will be to put in a dial in some way where it could be brought back to non dial  version.

dsk

AE_Collector

Well I think that we may as well pull the plug a few hours early on the May 2017 Find of the Month. Gary Millam's WE blue 302 has cleaned up as has been known to happen before! Congratulations Gary!

I was impressed with the number of votes other items received, especially Sargeguys button collection! Well done Sargeguy.

dsk....typical of Norway I guess, If I didn't know that last picture was in Norway I would say it could be looking out into my back yard. Some places look so different than home while others look so much the same even though you are close to half way around the world from here. The thing most different in your picture is THE PHONE!

As always, thanks to everyone who entered their "Find" and to everyone who voted as well.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:  --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:  --> Photo Album <--

Terry

dsk

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 08, 2017, 12:10:09 AM
dsk....typical of Norway I guess, If I didn't know that last picture was in Norway I would say it could be looking out into my back yard. Some places look so different than home while others look so much the same even though you are close to half way around the world from here. The thing most different in your picture is THE PHONE!

Maybe a backyard is a backyard  ;)  The worst thing with this phone was that I had to take it together with the iron pole, really heavy!
The phone it selves is in an aluminum housing. And whats really interesting is the way they used it.   On this railroad it is one one single track so trains in opposite directions has to stop at stations or where they have short double tracks.  What to do when the signal systems fail, and yes they do!   
A phone in each end of the track, and close to the track switches directly connected to the operator responsible for that direction related to the middle of the area.  Then you (the driver (engineer?) may get instructions about switching, and driving further on or not.

This kept the trains running, slower and delayed, but running even when the signal system or switches fails.  Today they use mobiles, and the delays are greater.   ;D

dsk